1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Antigravity Batteries

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by Dremmel, Jun 17, 2019.

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  1. Had an AntiGravity battery on my MV Turismo for two years, never let me down, solid starting. MVs have weak sprag clutches that can be trashed by weak starting, that's why I fitted it. Still have it but waiting for me to get around to delivering it to someone off the MV forum that wants to buy it.

Mine didn't have the ReStart feature though, bought before they introduced that.

• Like Like x 1
  2. I thought Lithium batteries were not recommended for some Ducatis?

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. In the small print, Antigravity state that the built in battery over charge protection is not adequate in the event of a regulator/rectifier failure of the type fitted to a 1098 as standard. If your 1098 OE reg/rec fails, you will fry your Antigravity battery and there is the potential for the Antigravity battery to go up in flames. If you must have a lithium battery for your 1098 with the OE reg/rec, my advice is to fit the reg/rec from the later Ducati models like the Diavel and 1299. There is a thread on here about how to do it and what parts to buy. Andy

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. I tried to use a anti gravity battery once. Put it on the bench, bent down to pick up a spanner, turned around, Gone!

There it was, floating away like a Chinese lantern, bastards.

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information