1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any Dutch People On Here ? Have An Insurance Question

Discussion in 'Insurance - Sponsored by Ducati Insurance' started by Dibble, Mar 13, 2019.

1. Hi

I am organising a trip to Aragon and one of the attendees is coming from the Netherlands, does anyone know of an insurer that will provide him with the appropriate personal injury / travel insurance that will cover him in Spain ?

The UK companies won't cover him as he is a non UK national.

Failing that does anyone know of a Dutch TDO that goes to Spain and we can call them and ask who they use.

Cheers

2. Niet ik :(

3. Given the private hospital issue at Almeria, I now take what the track offers. 20€/day and no stupid questions about what pills I take. Doesn't cover repatriation but I'd be in a private hospital being well looked after, why would I want to return home before I got better? Would have thought that most Spanish tracks would offer health insurance ? Andy

4. Repatriation is an essential requirement for all Euro track events with NL, no repatriation cover, no riding, I believe its primary purpose is for 'worst case scenario' situations.

5. Thread moved and title changed to suit

6. Because it's really going to get read in a forum that no one visits ... thanks, most helpful.

Do we apply any common sense whatsoever ?

7. Ducati sponsored medical insurance

8. I am Dutch , but not living there as such, but surely he must be able to get travel insurance in the Netherlands with the cover he wants, the ANWB is the Dutch equivalent of the AA and might be able to help?

9. Dutch cover, like any mainland Europe country cover, will cover for the EU, Spain included.

10. Indeed, I'm trying to help him identify a vendor for such cover as we have a few in the UK, BeMoto, BenGo, $ Counties etc, trying to find their Dutch equivalents.

Indeed, but I am looking for help finding a vendor for such cover, I know it must exist but need ideally the name of an insurer that he can get it from, we are looking for cover that will be specifically for trackday injuries.

11. Try www.merlebag.nl who do M/cycle insurance and are based in Amsterdam. Thei website is dutch but they will respond in English if you email via the link on their website

12. Stop acting like a prick and wind your neck in. Politely of course.

And strange how you've received answers from people that don't read this section. :)

13. Cheers will pass that on to him.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Just got back from Almeria today... got caught out totally by the stupid "private ambulance" thing; I have normal travel insurance all year round, but took out a separate BeMoto policy to cover the implications of being on track and injuries caused by that. Got told by FE that still wasn't good enough because Almeria operate a private ambulance service and so they needed to block £1,000 on my credit card to cover the costs of delivering me to hospital. So, in all, take the circuit insurance and make sure you have another travel policy to pick up the costs of getting back to UK. You'd think they'd work out some way to include that cost in the whole package and save everyone the effing hassle..

Oh, and @Dibble , wonder if its worth getting in touch with the chaps who organise the Assen Ducati races to see if they can help you. Ive probably still got a contact if u need.

15. Surprised BeMoto didn’t say anything when you took the policy out. As an existing customer and regular at Almeria, I received an email from them last year saying that the policy I have used for 2 years was no longer going to be available. Andy

16. Bought it online day before I went, Andy. Lesson learned. Last time I went to Almeria I bought with Four Counties but their policies are now >£150 (prob to cover the costs of the ambulance!)

17. I'd not do Almeria again based on the local horror stories that don't seem to appear anywhere else, sorry to hear it got you ...

As for the heads up, good idea and cheers ....

18. i guess by searching on New posts i saw this post where it was.........also by searching on new posts i continued to see it where it was moved to. So in conclusion did it really matter where it was, but equally did it matter where it was moved to?

19. who uses that functionality ???

anyhow, how are you princess ? get my email yesterday ?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information