1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any Feedback On Moto Skiveez ?

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by Android853sp, Aug 3, 2019.

1. I’ve seen the technical underwear made by Moto Skiveez mentioned several times on the Forum but can anyone provide some first hand feedback ? I’m off to Germany soon and then Spain and Portugal later in the year and I definitely need something to help alleviate the pain I still experience where my Coccyx used to be. The Wild Ass air cushion I currently use is good but it doesn’t support your legs like the saddle does which means I get cramp in my inner thighs after a couple of hours. TIA, Andy

2. I'd be interested in how you get on with these if you buy them. My 8 hour days on my recent NC500 trip were fine comfort wise apart from where I was in contact with the seat.

Screenshot 2019-08-03 at 11.33.46.png

3. I tried them on Scrambler 800 and it gave a very small improvement

Very small

I then changed the seat!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. Okay, thanks. I do know from experience, the standard 803 Scrambler seat appears to have been modelled on a telegraph pole. Andy

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. I used them on 1098 to Barcelona with standard seat. Could still walk and sit every day, including one 550 mile day and one 450 mile day. :upyeah:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Try gel padded Cycle Shorts, something like these.

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. Cheers mate, used to cross country a Cube so have several pairs of padded cycling shorts but the support isn’t in the right place for a motorcycle or the surgery I had. Thanks anyway. Andy

8. They look so fucking wrong I half expected a link to a bunch of sex pests!

9. I use something similar for offroad riding, I found they eased the pain of a full day ride and also helped to eliminate some of the "chafing".

10. Baboon Pants :bucktooth:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. I've got a pair of Adventure ones and they are a slight improvement on my KTM1290SA. I think the Cruiser ones would have been a better bet for what I need.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. Care to explain a little further ? I looked at the cruiser pad shape and felt it might be more suited to my problem. Andy

13. I feel that the Adventure shorts I have don't have enough padding on the inner thigh. The Cruiser ones have more padding in the aft section which would relieve the need for more thigh padding because of better spread of weight. Just guessing though cos I don't have them. YMMV.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. Just thinking of getting a pair myself.

The old DVT seat tipped me forward and crushed my gentleman grapes, I had the Touratech Comfort seat which I found so much better. The new V4 seat is a big improvement BUT I find I get pain in the top part of my legs almost where they meet my hips.

I'd just bought an AltRider seat cushion, which is an improvement but still not ideal, hence why I was going to try a pair of these before ending up getting my seat re-configured.

Any feedback from users welcome.

15. @Twin4me, wore a pair once, IMO, they are utter rubbish, do not do what they claim to, nothing more than repackaged, expensive pair of cycling shorts. The padding is way too thin to provide any support, nor does the padding cover a decent area. Of the air cushions, I found the Wild Ass the most comfortable but it has a material cover which absorbs water and at my heaviest (18 stone) it didn’t last very long. Now using a UK made cushion sold through the Sportsbikeshop, the Comfort Air. A fair bit cheaper and has a water proof cover which attaches to the saddle more firmly than any of the others. Andy

16. I have a set, I doubt I will use 'em again lol. I have not worn a nappy for a few years, but these feel exactly like I would expect wearing one that was loaded up, to be :D

Instead I bought a Pikes Peak low seat for my Multi which sorted the issue anyway.

17. As stated by others, marginal improvement. I would add, they are horrible when off the bike. Bought a mesh seat cover for the GS (bike just sold) and the seat cover was way better for comfort. Big miles, big days, for seven day trips.
    Something like ‘Wunderlich, cool seat cover’. Not just reduced heat, soft and springy too.
    Assume there will be other versions, I hope also one that fits the Superduke R. Mine has the KTM comfort seat, as designed by their Austrian in house masochist!

18. I’ve never tried them, but I wear padded shorts on my bicycle 5-6 times a week. My cycling experience is buy cheap, buy twice. Also you don’t wear other underwear with them so essentially you need multiple pairs and if they are like cycling shorts they take sometime to dry.

On uncomfortable motorcycles I’ve have replaced the seat with a Corbin and they suit my butt just great. Having said that last Saturday I rode on the South West Peninsula Rally, 392 miles over 13-1/2 hours on my stock V4S Multistrada seat and was surprised how well I felt. One of my mates uses a sheepskin and swears by it.

19. I could NOT disagree with Android more strongly!
    I've had these for over 5 years now and for me anyway, they make a genuine difference, even with my rather firm behind, not the tight one that several of my erstwhile 'pals' make misguided reference to or about...........

I had tried the sheepskin variant, which for me lasted about 45 minutes, then was unceremoniously dumped. Say no more! :upyeah:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  20. Used sheepskin on various bikes. A small improvement, nobody seems interested in stealing it off the bike…holds water.
    Airhawk, comfy, hated the floaty feeling on winding roads, ok on motorway, always concerned about leaving on the bike.
    Skivythings, still got a pair. Marginal improvement in comfort, hmmm, not significant but maybe does extend riding time by a minuscule amount. Not comfortable on or off the bike, just a bit extra padding.
    Wunderlich cool cover, used for about 20k on my last GS. A real improvement in spreading weight and defo reduced ‘hot spot’ in warmer weather. The only one I would consider buying again and the only one defo recommended, contributed to fairly comfy long days in the saddle. There are many versions of the ‘cool cover’ on the market, the Wunderlich one added a real layer of extra padding and spread the weight evenly.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information