1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any Hyperstrada 'low' Version Owners Out There?

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by Uncle Brad, Apr 17, 2022.

1. Mods, please delete this post.

#1 Uncle Brad, Apr 17, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2023
  2. Major cut and paste kerfuffle with the previous post. Here's a corrected post pending a moderator deleting the previous one.

I wanted to create a space for anyone owning a low version of the Hyperstrada to share their experiences and also to get a feel of how many owners have that version. If you have one, please chime in![​IMG]

I only discovered I had the low version after buying the bike last September. I didn't receive an owners manual with the purchase. I was a little dismayed at first but I've reluctantly accepted the situation and since I haven't had the chance to try a regular seat height model, i really don't know what I'm missing.

The biggest issue I have had so far was determining the appropriate fork cartridge set to purchase. I ended up with an Andreani part number 105/D12.

There seems to be a lot of conjecture about the low version with some riders mentioning that even the dealers are confused or unaware of the model. I have read elsewhere that all 2016 models were the low version. I have a feeling that this isn't true. Part of the problem is trying to determine if you have one or not. My understanding is that the VIN will not help you. On my model, which was sold in Canada, it has a sticker mentioning that it is lowered.

3.JPG

But from the multiple languages on the sticker, it would appear to have been sold in numerous countries.

The owner's manual i downloaded only has a precautionary mention of it.

Capture.JPG

However in the same owners manual, it does indicate a 'lower seat' model in the chain tension section.

Capture2.JPG

The sticker attached to my swing arm indicates the tension desired which is the second and most conclusive indicator that I have a low model. The sticker matches the spec in the owner's manual.

4.JPG

However, the service manual seems to identify that a low version Hyperstrada and a Thai model Hypermotard have the same specs. This I find somewhat confusing in that it implies that all Thai models are low versions and if so, why is it only specifically Thai models? What about other countries? Or maybe I'm easily confused and I'm overthinking things as I've had a very large coffee on an empty stomach. Anyone that can answer these questions, please feel free to do so.

It does however make me wonder what the Thai owners are buying for upgrades to their suspension.

5.JPG

The last indicator of having a low version is the seat which has a part number of 59521572A. But this is not wholly indicative that you have a low version, just a low seat.

6.JPG

Anyhoo, thanks for your time if you've read this far. Anyone wishing to share their experiences or input regarding the low version or can offer any insight to how widely they have been sold would be appreciated.

Cheers!

Brad

EDIT:

I had something pointed out to me the other day much to my chagrin. The owners manual for a 2016 model gives specs to help you determine which model you have. Here's the differences.

upload_2022-5-31_7-39-42.png

upload_2022-5-31_7-40-28.png

#2 Uncle Brad, Apr 17, 2022
    Last edited: May 31, 2022
Do Not Sell My Personal Information