1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any Idea Of The Valve Of This?

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Carr01, Sep 23, 2017.

1. IMG_5804.JPG
    I've been looking after it for a friend in a garage of mine for the past 3 years.
    It's a non starter C reg Vespa in need of a refurb. Im toying with the idea of buying it and getting it road worthy.
    Without offending him what would you think would be a fair price?

2. Surely not much more than a few hundred at best eh ??

3. Is it a GS160? Possibly £5k restored. They are quite rare and sort after. Lambrettas survive better due to tubular chassis but vespa monocoque construction meant a lot of them rotted away.

4. Nice moped. :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Its a 150 Super looking, but it looks like it got 10" wheels so it could be a Rally 180, or a SS180. Its not a GS I don't think as the headset looks wrong. Although the way mix n match happens it could be anything. Check frame number and engine number with vespa club GB. Better photos would help (esp engine), inc under the floorboards and no of support struts is a clue.

Could also be a ts125, which isn't desirable. Thats a £500 scoot. imho, but I'm old school scooterist who thinks all LI's should've been scrapped and 125's are for losers.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. I concur -500 quid is all I’d pay

7. Was a lambretts man myself apart from my Vespa 50,as said to difficult to tell what model it is as during the 80's these got bastardised to hell.Find out what model it is first befor splashing the cash but £1500 to £3000 would be my guess.

8. Yeah I'll try and bend his arm whilst mentioning back payments of garage rent !

9. PS, did you mean C reg as in the 1965 or 1985 ? Cause simmy mentioned 3 grand.....WTF!!!??

#9 Wayne58, Sep 23, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2017
  10. The original one, 1965

11. Might be worth a few quid then?

12. Everything that's old and original is worth money - thats for sure! Sometimes quite a bit!

13. Back in the day, we couldn't give 150 supers away. Same with Li125. I used to have an SS180 just like that, except tattier. Actually much tattier. £8k! Hmm Ive a Rally 200 Electronic in garage for 20+yrs gathering dust....

#14 bootsam, Sep 23, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2017
  14. The SX200 was good. As were TV175's and GT200(TV200) esp for the 4th gear on a tuned one. But I admit to quite facing a Vega. They're funky. But GP200 (DL200 in Italy) are my faves.

Lotsa good Vespas too. SS90, Primivera 125, P200E (not PX200E), Rally200, SS180, GS160

The 80's scooter scene was anarchic fun. My liver shudders in remembrance.

15. The scooter scene in the 80's was wild,a little reminder for you boots,my lammy is at 2.41,won the iow custom show that year.

• Like Like x 3
  16. lol, i was there in 86. That was at the race track. I was tented in a dip. I woke up nearly drowning. We all did the laundrette scene from levis advert way before the advert. In just our cacks.

IoW was always a hoot. Some fucker starts scoot up 50% of the way across and you nearly die of asphyxiation as everyone starts theirs too and its all 2 stroke smoke until the ramp goes down and the madness ensues as everyone tries to get off at the same time. Like you tried to get on bus when going home from school. Bundle!

Nice cut down. :)

• Like Like x 1
  17. Sooner have a similar period CB160 or CB 250 for less money, but then never really like small wheels

18. Class scoots there! Thanks for the share.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information