1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any News About A Future Diavel?

Discussion in 'Diavel & XDiavel' started by TanCakar, Jun 8, 2015.

1. I would have think diavel should have may be have better suspension and better options on titanium how ever it doesn't .

Does anyone in the forum heard of a new developing of a diavel. May be diavel 1299? Or diavel 1200 DVT? Such a great bike but lacking in so many things like electronic suspension, or decent factory suspension all they do is putting more carbon parts on it.

Multistrada has the first proper facelift may be it's the diavel now ? I was going to buy a diavel but with the money you pay you got more bike from multistrada 1200s or panigale 1299s £17000 odd grand for diavel still doesn't give you as much.

Thoughts on what the diavel needs?
    A Dvt engine may be?
    Or a electronic semi active suspension

2. No news then lol

3. Maybe those cunning chaps at the factory are reading the market perfectly and figure the Diavel has no need to go/steer/stop any better than it already does ?

4. It's easy to hazard a guess that next year's Diavel will have the DVT engine from the Multistrada.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Well this week I heard from my dealer that Dvt Diavel coming 2016 so that would be exciting for diavel because for such a power cruiser down low it needs that punch. And fueling is so much better with Dvt. I have a multi 1200s Dvt now. But would love to give a try to diavel Dvt ofcourse I would buy if they have some changes to ergonomics and suspension too! I think diavel still suffers from suspension .

6. Like the Diavel "needs more power"... really?

1. It's not about power , Dvt makes the engine much more smoother and mpg is a lot better . I mean a lot !

7. Hyside told me today that DVT definitely wasn't coming to diavel.

They don't want it any smoother :)

8. I would call hyside dealer and would tell them don't talk shit if you don't know anything about ducati or any bike in the market.

Read mcn ducati already put the Dvt to diavel ! Oh yes hyside probly will produce another comment about this comment.

9. I suspect Hyside are wrong about that, but be careful believing what MCN write. In this case, they don't even claim to be sure themselves. They only say it is likely that the new Diavel pictured has the DVT engine.

Personally, I really like what's pictured of a new Diavel and confess to not liking the current one at all. But having ridden a DVT MultiStrada, I would not consider any big Ducati unless it has DVT. As someone said above, it's not about ultimate power. It's all about trying to make a big twin smoother at low rpm, something that so far has proved somewhat elusive.

10. Other valid questions about the new Diavel are how close it might be to the one in the picture. Very, I hope. Also, when? Doesn't look like it will be available along with other 2016 models, with existing Diavels still in their sales plans apparently. Maybe introduced later in the year?

As a replacement? Or as an addition to the Diavel range? I can see the sense in having an additional variant along these lines, but not being so fundamentally different with a totally different chassis from other Diavels.

Maybe it's not actually a Diavel? It will be very interesting to see how this pans out.

11. unfortunately , the flavel has been removed from production, and all posts containing such are due to be deleted, not been funny or owt, just saying . :)

12. When I bought my DVT Multistrada I joked with the dealer that when a new DVT Diavel is available, with decent (skyhook?) suspension, I would seriously consider trading in the MS - it seemed like a no-brainer to me that a DVT powered Diavel would be made, but whether the suspension would be any better.........

13. More ground clearance so it can use the power and suspension its got now.

• Like Like x 1
  14. That's a long way off production ready isn't it? My guess is 17 model

15. Belt driven........I guess they've got to increase belt sales again somehow :)

• Like Like x 1
  16. No, it's coming in 2016.
    It's been ready for a while now and is in emissions testing.
    It will be released at the EICMA show in Milan and available in dealer in spring 2016.
    HTH.

17. Put my name down for one while my DVT was having a new fuel sender fitted on Saturday.

Launch control sounds like fun. Hyside are hoping to have a demo by February.

Apparently the test bike is up to 30k miles and the belt still looks new :)

18. My Harley belt is 14yrs old\40,000 miles and still ok :grinning:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information