1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any Thoughts On Which Base Layers For Spring/summer Hoonage?

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by RC1, Apr 3, 2019.

1. I have various base layers but they have too much compression and are too thick

i know there are brands like dainese and spidi etc that make base layer 2 piece suits etc

anyone used any of them or have any recommendations or shall i just get a generic 2 piece set from uniqlo and be done with it?

2. I use a windproof shirt made by Spada.
    Windproof on the front of the torso and arms, breathable t-shirt material on the back.
    It serves me very well indeed.
    Not bulky at all.
    Also nice and long, so it doesn't gape at the kidneys.
    The best thing is that it can be worn on the outward run in the early morning chill but is easily removed and stored later in the day when temperatures rise.
    I've even used mine in the winter .. under a perforated summer leather jacket !!! .. and still been adequately snug.
    Not too expensive either.

Before that I had an EDZ merino two piece.
    It was ok but not a patch on the Spada.
    And the moth seemed to love it for some reason, so now its just rags.

3. I use a EDZ one piece for under my one piece leathers, or a Lidl special 2 piece for the Scrambler

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Under Armour for me... although given the weather today I'm thinking of going back with the winter gear.

5. I use Forcefield baselayers when the weather is not so good which are great but if you are looking for something more lightweight and 'normal' then take a look at climbing shops. Merino mixed with a little stretchy material (which is most good quality outdoor/climbing merino gear) are ideal and what I use during the summer. I find EDZ a bit itchy but I do use one sometimes; I think because it is pure merino perhaps?

6. Got my (mismatched) 2 piece from the local Sports Direct branch during one of their “sales”. Perfectly adequate for riding on track in Spain as well as in the UK and cost £13. Andy

7. cheers chaps

i think ill hone in on one piece given ill be wearing under one piece leathers and dont want the top to ride up

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Rev it make some decent base layers.

It used to be the case that the Aldi ones were the best but in recent times they are not the same quality.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information