1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any two stroke fans ?

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Dusty, Jun 22, 2013.

1. Hi,
    Don't know if any of you guys are into two strokes, but I've had a few in the past, nearly all modified by me to some extent. I'm just selling one at the mo so I have more room for the Duke, but here are the other two;

[​IMG]

This was an £800.00 wreck that I have completely rebuilt so far with a Ypvs F2 engine, just needs a paint job to finish.

The other bike I'm building is a Yamasaki Hybrid F2;

[​IMG]

Not much to look at at the mo, but I've nearly completed an expensive engine rebuild which will move the project on a bit. Any Lc/Ypvs owners here ?

Dusty:wink:

• Like Like x 4
  2. Had a 250LC and 350YPVS in the past - fabulous bikes - there's quite a few on here who like 'em too

3. Dusty, I see you are a similar age to me, last bike I owned 31 years ago was a 1978 RD 250, on L plates of course! They say it was the LC that changed the law to 125's

4. Got a FS1EDX 1977 model , last of the unristricted , with pedals ................:redface:

• Like Like x 1
  5. I had LC's for many years. I built an LC with a YPVS motor with a Trinity Racing Banshee top end complete with a Cool Head. I had NK Racing build me a swing arm to use a front wheel in the back end for a disc conversion. Tony Greenslade at Gibsons made me some Allspeeds to suit it. It was yellow with black speedblocks and is owned by a guy in Scotland now ;-) I'll find a picture next time I'm on my notepad.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Wish i still had my 350LC :upyeah:

7. Yep, got a mint 800mile YPVSF1
    350ypvss.png

350ypvss.png

• Like Like x 4
  8. Hi, I got an F1 that had stood in a garage for years. It got a complete rebuild, not to completely standard but it's unusual for me to keep it standard ! [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  9. I have a couple of 31k's and a very nice CRM

image.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  10. I have a standard 1985 RD500 with 10k on the clock that I need to rebuild.
    RD500.jpg

I learnt to ride on a Suzuki AP50, then an RD250, and RD400, and finally an RD350 ypvs. The first one with the bikini faring.

Hence my nickname: Ronnie Ringding

RD500.jpg

#10 Ronnie_Ringding, Jun 23, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2013
    • Like Like x 3
  11. love 2 strokes mainly had small bore ones
    never did get my hands on an lc really wish i had mate had a bright orange one absolutetly mental
    still got my benelli 125 sport though

12. Had a 175cc BSA Bantam, Yamaha RD200 (drum brake model) & a Yamaha RD400.
    The 400 had a nice set of Jim Lomas expansion pipes, Mikuni carbs & Hy-Tech racing reeds. Still miss that bike...

13. Is this the dumbest question ever on here?! A forum full of a Bunch of old blokes who lust after metal and machinery...anyone like two strokes...!

Pmsl only joking. There were a few 125's on track this week too, aprillia road ones as well as full on racers...smoke and pre mix everywhere! Lol. Maybe when I retire from riding a lot, or get a bigger garage, I'll get that 350LC I always wanted

14. When I was belting round Snetterton (before track days were invented........they were Practice Days) on my ZXR750, I was as chuffed as anything to be able to p*ss the pants off a club racer on a GSXR 1100..........until some other club racer p*ssed the pants off me on a Kawasaki 250.....I couldn't get anywhere near him, unless he was leaning on me in the corners.......

AL

15. Yes me too, RD250LC 1982 model owned from new. Used it as standard then as production racer mainly for long distance production racing ala West Raynham when it existed and then back to standard again for several years of commuting up to 2005. Now on SORN awaiting probably a rebuild.

I also have two RGV250 track bikes.

16. Started with a Suzuki "X1" (ZR50K) in 1981. Since then the only two-strokes I've had have been an RD250DX that I bought in bits fgrom a mate, rebuilt and then sold on; a 1990 Kawasaki KE100 that I've had for about ten years that gets used on the occasional trial; and a 1976 Kawasaki KH100 that has been the subject of a very long-running rebuild for about the last six years. I'd love an LC, preferably a late 350 YPVS, but I already have too many toys !

17. Here you go guys, the LC I built!

100_0053.jpg

Picture 020.jpg

Picture 023.jpg

100_0053.jpg

Picture 020.jpg

Picture 023.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  18. someone delete this thread

its making me want to sell my ducati and buy an elsie ahhhhh.........................:biggrin:

19. Hi all, great to see so many two stroke fans !! Nick, I have seen your Lc before, and recognise your Username. Beautiful bike, and a lot of work and money involved building that.. Trouble with most of the iconic strokers now is the money they are making. Even basket cases fetch big money. Lc's and aircooled 400's regularly get into the £3-4000 price bracket. I have found it cheaper to build specials as you can use cheaper parts from newer bikes. Having said that, the white Lc at the top of the page will have cost in the region of £6000.00 by the time it gets a paint job. And it's not even that trick !A couple of years back, I had an Rd400E that I built completely from parts from all over the country, starting with 4 crank webs, and it wasn't particularly hard to do or stupidly expensive, but I wouldn't be able to do it now, as prices have rocketed so much recently. If you have one, keep hold of it !!Dusty

20. I remember your forum name from the old lc forum as well dusty ;-) like you say, prices have just gone stupid! I remember chucking away a mint set of stock LC pipes that now sell for a grand!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information