1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1199 Any1 Thinking To Swap A V4 For A Pani R Gen 1?

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by The Pearl - Paul, Mar 22, 2022.

1. As per title, I'm really debating if I am to swap my bike for a v4, would not mind a gen 1

It's a fully kitted well looked after bike, but the only downside to it is that she has a cat D (the old cat) now cat N, nothing serious but it was repaired via insuerance from previous owner (cosmetic)

Bike been looked after by bikesports development when I bought it.

Other than that is a long line of extras that the bike has
    Bst carbon wheels
    Termignoni force PBM special edition underseat with baffles (104db)
    Rizoma rearsets
    Carbon fiber swingarm cover
    Carbon fiber front mudguard
    Carbon fiber rear mudguard
    GB racing covers both sides
    Rizoma break leaver
    Domino grips
    Bikesports dev start stop buttons
    Bikesports dev autoblipper
    Gravity tall screen
    Race seat with carbon extension cover
    Special paintjob by warby
    Renthal rear sprocket
    Full six carbon front subframe and sides
    Carbon key cover
    Wsbk carbon tank cover
    Tailight blanks
    Headlight blanks
    Pillon pegs and seat (useless with the exhaust)
    Another full set of fairings with wings designed by me and special paintjob if needed
    Another normal tank cover
    Bellypan extension
    Full serviced - just now with new front pads and a new gear switch sensor (to avoid common issue showing 1st instead of neutral - last revision by ducati 'C')
    Tires good
    8.8k miles
    1st gen pani r 2014
    195hp at the rear wh
    Suspension set up done for the curent fairings with wings (had to be raised to compensate for the downforce)
    Bike been looked after by ray petty and desmoshed curently ( Arthur previously worked at hyside)

Bike is been exposed at couple of events as it gets a lot of attention everywhere

Now here comes the bit, i feel like i want to start a new project but at the same time to be able to take my misses out whenever

I haven't been to a dealer yet to look for part exchange, but at points was thinking to put the warby fairings on and strip the parts

Any advice? Or anyone wants to get their hands on an R?

See pics below in both trims

PS front disk bolts been changed to stainless steel bolts (oldish pics)

temp1.jpg

20220319_111453.jpg

DSC_3875.jpg

20190915_112412.jpg

20210807_102934.jpg

IMG_20210808_221037_845.jpg

#1 The Pearl - Paul, Mar 22, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  2. The usual advice is make it stock and sell the bling separately. You will not get anywhere near your money back if sold fully trimmed, usually I take the hit and move on. Life is too short to deal with ebay fleabags wanting something for nothing. Option 2 is offer an upgrade package to the new buyer- i.e stock bike for xx but 7k worth of bling for 3...

The carbon wheels can go on the V4 though.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. I guess i can try we buy any bike to see what they offer, getting it back to stock and see how they come up with

4. dealers like stock or close to, much easier to sell. Once the decision to move on has happened the bike is like last weeks fish and chip paper! I sold my 1299 for 10k under shop floor prices because of a few blemishes. It had about 6k worth of extras but in the end I just did not have the energy to haggle and emotionally it was an ex girlfriend who suddenly aged 20 years compared to the V4

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. following up, your bike looks immaculate though, so I would try private, especially if you haven't got all the stock fairings etc. You might be surprised, the best bet is sell to someone who knows and appreciates the bikes or via the local Ducati club. Otherwise its "pearls before swine!"

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. I've just got the 1st offer from webuyanybike at 12.2k with no extras, none of the carbon and all, and the prices of v4's are around 16k, I'll try a dealer also to see what they say, if I sell the extras it will be enough to get a v4 anyways and some bit of cash on top I guess

• Like Like x 1
  7. Pani R with bling, to a base V4 is quite a switch. Or are you going to do it all again?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Kinda yes, once you start with one you carry one with another project, got more than few things on my mind, but then again, like I said, misses wants to come with me also when the weather is nice, plus I feel like I need a new challenge to be honest

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information