1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1299 Anybody Experiences With Rapidbike

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by eDUCATIon, Aug 16, 2016.

1. What are the experiences at your side of the ocean with RapidBike? (Evo or Racing)

I'am in cue for ordering one since everybody is so wild about it..

2. MrC has one...

3. I just installed an evo this past weekend and after only 70 miles everything I've read is true. Smoother throttle response, a bit more power in mid range. Very happy and can feel it getting better the more miles I put on. Worthy upgrade!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Okay thanks, great! Why did you choose for the Evo instead of the Racing?

5. Firstly I don't race, so the only beneficial feature of the race was ignition timing. The price said it wasn't worth it for that feature. 2nd I was told I'd need to do custom dyno tuning to reap full benefits of ignition map and with no local access to a rb tuner I was turned off. I really wanted to know I was getting the most out of my bike and was torn for months of the evo vs race but ultimately know that what's important to me is that I enjoy riding not knowing I have "the most" power. If I was interested in that I'd just get the supercharged kawi and spend my whole life chasing competitive power dreams instead of optimizing my bike for what I use it for, enjoyment on the road. The evo has been spectacularly reviewed and talked about on the 1299 forum, where I am the most, and every single person is happy. Now that I'm a user (who hasn't completed the full adaptation period of 200 miles) I can say I'm also happy, especially with the fueling below 5k rpm. I think the fueling is really what people are wanting to improve for smoothness of throttle response and to even out the midrange. Don't need a pit lane limiter. What are your thoughts between the two?

• Useful Useful x 1
  6. I think you're right on those points.. Pitlane limiter has no use for me as well and fooling around with ignition timing requires indeed a good Dyno which we do not have on the island..

So I think I go for the EVO as well..

• Like Like x 1
  7. You won't be disappointed honestly. It's a wonderful upgrade, are you doing install yourself? If so, I've got some tips for you. It's not hard, just time consuming but if I knew what I know now it would have taken less time

8. Please give me the tips cause I will do indeed the installation myself. (1299-S)

9. All the tools you need are the screw driver and Allens that came with the bike. I used sockets instead but doesn't matter.

You need to remove the upper right and both left fairings.
    The instructions say to route the loom in front of the radiator using cardboard to protect the rad. Pretty straight forward and not very hard, I used a skinny arrow to extend my reach.

remove the ecu on the right (2 big plugs) and mark which one goes where. Under the ecu are 3 Allen bolts that hold a bunch of wiring and a large black engine/air box cover. You can remove if you like or just get enough room to reach the large circular plug underneath.

When the install instructions say "in-line" all that means is to unplug the connection and attach the rapid bike loom to both pieces you just disconnected. I used a rubbed wrapped vice grip to loosen this first connection, but very easy to get loose afterwards when you want to clean up the routing of the wires.

Sensor 2 connects right where the ecu was, upper left corner and installs inline.

Sensor 1 installs to the left of abs unit near a smaller round plug. This is below ecu.

On the left side, you've got one 3-prong connector then ground to battery.

Then figure out where you will mount it. It says by exhaust but I think I will get a dremel and install it on the plastic piece above and to the left of the battery.

There are a couple smaller plugs for quick shifter, connect to computer etc. that you just tuck away.

That's it! Hope that helps and let me know if something doesn't make sense

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Thanks, I suppose to get it within 2 weeks down from Palmetto in Miami; I let you if I have anymore question concerning installation. Of course I update my experiences once driving it!

Hopfully I will get my power shifter as well by that time so it can be mounted at the same time.

11. Great! Enjoy!

12. Just had custom remap on me 1299 standard cans 179 at start then 191 at end , bike was mental afore but totally fuckin insane noo , Love it

• Like Like x 1
  13. I got the RB Evo to look after the fueling as I fitted a full std but cored/decatted 1299 system and Sprint filter on my 1199.
    The bike went from being a bit of a snatchy pig with awful fueling, in to something that was just far more sublime to ride.
    I also fitted a 42t rear sprocket, for me all the above mods make for a far nicer 1199, power delivery is smoothed out

14. I'm looking at one of these myself, i'm a bit confused about fiting though, the fitting instructions I have downloaded say to pass the harness inbetween the cylinders, but when i looked there doesn't seem to be enough room.
    How did people who have fitted these route the harness?
    I have attached the fitting instructions supplied when purchased, they seem very vague?

Paul

Attached Files:

15. I used this as a guide, I didnt make the brackets but it shows how the loom will go behind the rad

Fitting RB Module Ducati 1299S.pdf - Google Drive

16. Thanks,
    Will route behind the rad then

Paul

17. Behind the radiator is the way to go!

18. Cheapest place to get one of these?

19. Mounted the RapidBike yesterday, went pretty good although the factory instruction manual is a pain to understand. Just saying 'locate the black connector somewhere on the left side of the bike' is not sufficient; there about 500 of them.

Thanks to the clear explanation from Oracle it was easy and saved me a lot of time searching; thanks bro!

Ducati is a real nightmare to work on. When working on my KTM's, everything fits just perfect back together and very well made of good materials. Driving a Ducati sets your hair on fire but it is crappy made.. Hopefully Audi will improve things.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information