1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anybody Fancy Giving This A Go?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Jnestie, Oct 15, 2015.

1. Sweaty palms time.

• Like Like x 1
  2. nope. deffo.

3. He is just so calm. I'm bad enough climbing with a rope, I can't ever imagine soloing.

4. I was (and maybe still am ?) a rock climber, it is the one activity I have always returned to throughout my life, but these guys brains don't work like the majority of us and many of them eventually die doing what they must do.

5. At that level you are either in the zone or dead, there is very little in-between.
    I have soloed but always well within my limits, but I have known people who have died doing it.

6. Its funny how you top out on a climb and think that wasn't to bad, but the thought of doing it again without a rope is another story. Ive enjoyed scrambling grade 3/mod on my own but that's as far as I will go.

7. @El Toro , this thread has too low a bollocks-quotient to be in Speaker's Corner. Can it be moved to The Lounge!

Thanks!

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Sorry, didn't realise I'd done that :Bag:

• Love You Love You x 1
  9. Anymore than 3 rungs up a ladder and Im shaking like a shitting dog

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Pathetic, I can do 4 :smile:

11. El Sendero Luminoso is the name of the Communist Party of Peru, a notoriously brutal guerilla group which has been active in Peru for decades. No idea why this rock climber should want to associate himself with them.

12. No, nor me - I found it confusing in the description as they also refer to @El Toro which sounds like a far more appropriate name - i.e. an (almost) insurmountable force :smile:

13. @El Toro can you move this thread back to Speakers Corner now?

Thanks.

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Honnold is on another level way above anyone else (currently alive!).

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. The idealism of youth.

Many years ago I assisted a friend on a new route and we called it The Palestinians, he was, and still is, a bit of a leftie, this was recorded and sent off to the club that every so often publishes the guide books. The new guide came out and we looked at the route to discover that it had been entered as The Philistines.

16. I thought you were going to say it was entered as The Israelis.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information