1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anybody Recommend A Good Anodizing Service?

Discussion in 'Detailing and cleaning' started by Old Jock, Jun 19, 2016.

1. Looking to get a set of Al clip on bars anodized black.

Anybody got recommendations for a good anodizing service in the UK that they have used.

I do know about home kits etc: but I'm not really interested, I don't want to ruin the part or end up with an inconsistent finish ( which will happen if I have anything to do with it).

John

2. @Topolino should be able to assist Old Jock, having watched his builds over a number of years his "QC" seems very stringent.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. where are you? As I've mentioned in other threads I use reality motor works in Bristol and can't rate or recommend em highly enough. If they are close to ya call em and speak to nic

4. Cheers Guys

I know @Topolino he's a good guy he helped me out before Thanks for the heads up

Hopefully @antonyne will chime in then

I have an inquiry out via Camcoat's site to a hard anodizer, this is more for engine parts and the like, but if the blurb is correct its a lot more durable so I'll see how costly that will be, Diamondize, the webs ite is down just now for some reason or I'd post the link

Its always one step forward and 10 back

John

#5 Old Jock, Jun 19, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2016
  5. @chizel I'm in Glasgow in the land of Jock

I've no problem in sending out what is effectively a couple of bits of tube to wherever if they make a good job

John

6. they do a good jod and are great to deal with but tbh there is bound to some good outfits closer to you.
    personally I like to use local if I can just for the fact that i can go talk face to face and see the set up and stuff as I find it interesting and you often make mates. Check out their web site though if you don't find anything as they do do a nice job. Only had a small amount of anodizing done by em but lots of powder coating and polishing and everything has been spot on to date

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. John, moss anodising in hipperholme, Halifax. These are probably the best in Yorkshire.
    Are the bits already off the bike and ready for anodising?
    Reason for me asking is that I'm up in Scotland on Thursday / Friday this week and could pick the bits up from you, if you wanted...
    They charge about £55 + VAT as a minimum but that is for a decent amount of bits.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Hi Ian (@bettes )

Its just a couple of bars from the clip ons nothing else & yes they are off the bike and I can easily put them in a box.

Bit pricey with that minimum charge & nothing else that I can think of needing done, but if they do a good job then I'll just bite the bullet and go for it

Be great if you could take them down for me, be good to meet up again too

John

9. No worries, John. I'll phone you up in a bit. :upyeah:

10. Sent my stuff here - 70 quid minimum charge....some bits from my supermoto build (which I never used in the end!)

Colour Anodising

IMG_20141203_072231.jpg

That was some of the stuff - sent other bits and pieces as well...

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. if i want some dzus quick release fasteners anodizing will anyone do it without a min charge?

12. Surely someone could throw them in with a job thats already lined up...Thats whats happening with my stuff at the powder coaters...Piggy back whats in the oven :upyeah:

13. thats what i thought but how do i find out who's got something on....

14. Contact an anodiser thats close and ask if they can throw it in with the next job thats in the colour you want.. Not sure if it would be cheaper to just buy some new DZUS though. I picked mine up from fleabay, somewhere out Stamford/Lincoln way CTmoto I think. Not the nicest in the world but sensibly priced

15. If they are steel Dzus then they cannot be anodised but they can be plated.

I use these people and their colour match to Ducati original steel dzus fasteners is perfect.

Redditch Electro-Plating - Established 1893

16. CT moto or carbon trader's fasteners are good quality. The same as most of their stuff...

• Like Like x 1
  17. I'm pretty sure I've bought stuff from both, no complaints from either :upyeah:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information