1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone After A Desmo?

Discussion in 'D16 Desmosedici RR' started by bradders, Jun 5, 2015.

1. They have a SL as well

2. I take it that as it's got miles on the clock the 3 year service is ticking?

3. Probably stopped ticking already

4. Yeh, 2008 reg so well and truly out of time.

5. I had a long chat with MR a few years ago re the servicing of Desmo, I was informed they aren't that much more than a Pani...However if you break one...:Woot:

6. It's the big 15k service that's the killer - 20 odd hours of labour and probably 16 new valves at £90 each. Panni is cheap as chips by comparison I think.

7. They lied....:Wideyed:

8. I thought it was 40hrs labour

9. Both the Desmo and SL belong to my mate Steve. Both very well cared for, and he's a Ducati enthusist. He came down to WDW with us on his Diavel, and gave it a final blast the France with a few of us a month or so back. He's just collected a new Multi, and does use his bikes, just didn't use the Desmo much! Well worth a punt if you want a pampered bike ;-)

10. Could be

11. Mine cost me £270 to service last time round. My 1098s was over £300.

Why would it break? Using that logic, you'd never buy a house in case it fell down.

12. Not a 15k service then ;)

13. When it comes, it comes. I'm not losing sleep over it. :Cigar: Mine will be a 40 year old classic when I hit that milage in all probability anyway. :)

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information