1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone Any Idea What This Ecu Chip Is??

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Whi7eIndustries, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Hey guys, so I have a 2000 996 and I've been trtingntk figure out which chip I have installed in my 1.6M can't find information on this one anywhere, and it's driving me nuts. Have a bit of a stutter mid range and would love to get it sorted. 20181206_125532.jpg

2. I pulled the chip, and it still doesn't have any of the standard numbers on it..... 20181206_135306.jpg

3. Give jhp in Coventry a bell they got new chips on the shelf couple of mates had new ones and it sorted the mid range stutter out. Or get your bike remapped that will cure it.

4. See attached mate.

Attached Files:

5. I think he’s based in Thailand

6. I'm sure they have inter web and phones in Thailand :D

7. Looks like the starter relay in a 1978 Binatone TV remote, hope this helps.

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. Looking at replacing it with an Ultimap 222 to get rid of the secondary injector.

9. An ebay job possibly. but in case you haven't checked out this resource, then it may assist:
    http://www.bikeboy.org/performance.html

10. Thanks guys, already found one on eBay.

11. Thread closed?

12. I'd love a custom chip, but I live in Thailand, so getting my bike onto a dyno at all is a mission, let alone finding a tuner. So hoping the um222 will fix my stutter roll on. It's a bit weird as it says it's for the 996sps which only had 1 injector anyway I thought.

13. Brad Black, referred to in @Mr.R 's post above says:

"
    Dual injector throttle bodies have been fitted as std to the following models
    • 851 Tricolour – both Strada and “Race kit”, Red or black “top feed” injectors
    • 851/888 SP1/2/3/4 – Red “top feed” injectors
    • 888 SP5, 916 SP, 996, 916/996 SPS – Green “side feed” injectors
    ... The green side feed injectors sit down in the throttle body itself, which has the fuel feed/transfer ports machined into it."

Do Not Sell My Personal Information