1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone Ever Been Tempted?

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Symon Moore, Aug 14, 2019.

1. to waste money on these online bike raffles? I’ve never bothered but I’d really like this bike!

2ECE8136-93BC-4FA9-B5A8-76BB1E1DBA19.png

2. Err, no, in a word.
    I think the clue is in what you originally wrote, "anyone tempted to WASTE MONEY...."
    I like the bike as well BTW!

3. I know Jack but someone’s gotta win it right?

4. Good luck mate!

5. That's the theory. ever met anyone who won a car/boat/bike in raffles like these?

6. Only winner is the promoter. Fact!!

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Kinda yeah, I know an ex-work colleague that won a static holiday home in a draw. Look I get the odds are astronomical but to quote the legendary Jim Bowen “Look at what you could’ve won” :joy:

8. See these on shitbook. Decent odds, if you're e a gambler.

9. buy a ticket Symon, come back with a win and laugh at us all. :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Once spunked £100 on a raffle ticket for a Ferrari. I was half pissed traipsing through an airport (can’t remember where) and it was on display all polished and looking amazing under the down lighting.

Didn’t win the fucker. Obvs.... :(

• Like Like x 1
  11. You're better of with a jar & a jaw down your local with a mate,that way your never know or care for that matter:upyeah:

12. I bought a ticket for the V4 Speciale - didn't win. I knew I wouldn't but thought 'feck it, what if I do'

I know a guy who bought a Ferrari ticket at airport and did win - he told the caller to fuck off as he didn't believe it but they persisted - he took cash alternative, so someone has to win.

Buy the ticket if you really fancy the bike and can afford to lose the money

13. My mate won an 899 a few years back by buying one of those raffle ticket things at Dubai airport .

14. I know a guy who won the Dubai duty free millionaire draw. Bought a single ticket and won a million dollars. Also the guy who won the 2012 fire blade painted like joey Dunlop’s Vimto sp1. Bought 5 tickets and got a call to go to the IOM to pick it up.

• Like Like x 2
  15. I wouldn’t do it but...

My neighbours son won a lovely Suburu Imprezza WRX in a Facebook raffle. I thought it was all a scam until then.

16. I remember buying ticket to win a Norton Rotary. Whatever happened to that draw?

Nevermind winning a Norton, you can't even buy one...

• Funny Funny x 5
  17. An ex won a car in a Marks & Spencer raffle but then was told that the win was void due to her working there (nothing mentioned on entry form). Eventually settled for a cash compromise.

18. Many years ago someone turned up at a local bike night on a 916 in Old Spice race paint scheme that he had won.
    I will admit to having tried my luck once or twice when they were raffling bikes for the Joey Dunlop Foundation at the TT, but only single figure sums.

19. Same, and at least the Joey Foundation is a decent cause... so when the inevitable silence rather than the Bruce Anstey CBR600RR resulted I just chalked it up as a charitable donation. I think 44 Teeth is now sponsored by one of these raffle companies? BOTB?

20. I upset an fB site as I suggested they are often scams. Lots of ‘reputable business’ etc and ‘if it doe st make the target after a few goes, we raffle the cash’ plus abuse form some of the posters. Couldn’t link a winner tho...and went silent when I pasted their tcs that said ‘if target sales aren’t made, we can list the same sEll more tickets 5 times. If enough still not sold, we will, after deductions allowed in clause 9.1, raffle the remaining value as a cash prize’. Clause 9.1 allowed all expenses, plus marketing, plus 30% for administration....

May be it’s legit, may be it’s not. If it smells like a duck, walks like one and quacks like one, it’s probably not a cat

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information