1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone Ever Heard Of 'robsom Racing'???

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Chris.King1, Sep 11, 2018.

1. Bit of a long shot. My SPS service history is all from 'Robsom Racing' based in Warwickshire. Not spelt 'Robson' but 'Robsum' on the service receipts

Now when I google it, it comes up as 'Robson Racing'...seems like they no longer exist...confused? I am. Trying to see if the service receipts from 2003-2009 are genuine.

WP_20180911_12_21_51_Pro (2).jpg

#1 Chris.King1, Sep 11, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2018
  2. Became Motorcycle Engineering Services in 2012... That company was wound up Maythis year.

3. ah I see, thanks for the info. 2009 was its last proper service, although belts, oil, etc, etc have still been done when it was in the collection. It's put on 1000 miles since 2009, says rockers were good and had valves adjusted. But going to get them all checked out anyhow.

4. Quick google at work (second hit down) suggests they have a presence on face book and are know known as Motorcycle Engineerjng Services. 01608 664122, based in shipston-coincidentally.

Give em a call to verify.

5. They've now shut down... May this year.

6. As your in Norfolk Chris there are closer people to you anyway

7. This is a old mate of mine, Mike (the bike)Davis, ex scooter racing champion, well known in the scootering scene and is back into the Vespa's and Lambrettas , he had a few Ducatis a while ago and is ok on the tools. Also affectionately known as Mike the mouth to those that know him lol

8. Sorry! between me googling and replying had the thread open for quite awhile, so didn’t see interim updates!

9. Thanks for all your replies...just wanted to make sure the company actually existed. I normally use Carl Harrison, just over the 'border' in Suffolk, so once I get my passport sorted, I will give him a look :)

#9 Chris.King1, Sep 11, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Mike looked after my 748 for a number of years. Knows his way round the older Ducatis very well. The work he does is very good. If you take some of the bolts off you may find they have been smeared with copper grease. Proper old skool mechanic.

11. according to the last service in 2009, my sps rockers were all good and valves/shims checked. It's only done 1000 miles since 2009 to now, but had 2 belt changes and the fluids done each year by the collector. Cheers for the info, puts my mind at ease a bit

12. He checked the rockers on mine soon after I bought it. I had to have 5 replaced. Mike knows all their idiosynchrisoties.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information