1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone Fancy A Single?

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Itsamonster, Aug 26, 2020.

• Like Like x 3
  1. Looks a lot of fun on B road twisties.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. It's a more realistic price than a CCM, I like it but have no more room in my garage.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. I just saw them in my local bike shop when getting some tyres swapped. Looked quite nice.
    I don’t have a beard or lumberjack boots so not really “me”.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Liked it at the first glance but when I zoomed in it looks a bit agricultural. Love the concept though.

5. i've been umming and oo arrr-ing over this one for a while:-

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

EDIT - just added above for comparison.

#6 Chris, Aug 26, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2020
    • Like Like x 8
  6. Yes, very nice. Probably the same engine. Great reviews.

7. I witnessed “peak hipster” at the Bikeshed trackday last week. The guy in front of me in the queue for noise testing was on a bobbed BMW airhead and sporting a big beard (no checked shirt though), cargo shorts and leg tattoos, and then his mate appeared from the back of their van carrying two thimble sized cups of coffee (artisan, single source, no doubt) which he’d made using a machine mounted inside the rear area of said van. :D

#9 Zhed46, Aug 26, 2020
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  8. I know someone who has one of those Cabelleros and he absolutely loves it. There was also one at the trackday I just mentioned and I have a clip of me overtaking it which I’d post but I don’t know how to upload videos

Edit: Found a pic on the TD organiser’s website of it just prior to the pass. I never noticed at the time but the guy is riding bolt upright like a policeman!

F4F5218A-C76C-4441-9EA8-D1C50FA126D1.jpeg

#10 Zhed46, Aug 26, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Looks like the same engine - but if so then this bit of spiel is a little misleading:

"our own take on the street tracker has been designed, engineered and built from the ground up in Britain."

10. It’s made me scratch my head a little after reading this thread as to how the CCM can be not far off £10k dearer once a bike is specced up. But then the attention to detail on their bikes looks top notch, they do spend a lot on marketing (much of it spuriously trying to link their bikes to Spitfires and Lawrence of Arabia) and Foogy’s name probably doesn’t come cheap either

• Useful Useful x 1
  11. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. I think the CCM uses the same engine as does the SWM range too, AFAIK it's a Chinese made engine based on a Husqvarna engine. A Chinese company bought the old Husky production line in Italy with some of Huskys old designs.

• Useful Useful x 1
  13. it's a typical swings and roundabouts scenario:- I realised last year that this was a possible sleeper and the price was too good to be true, mainly because they were still under the radar. this year, with a few mods and slightly improved dealership it's slowly gaining attention and of course, a corresponding price ticket.

• Like Like x 1
  14. I'd definitely like a 500cc Caballero.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. I must confess...when I go to a trackday I take a gas stove and my Alessi Espresso pot and hand out coffees to my pals in various lovely single shot cups and saucers!

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  16. CCM/SWM unit is a different engine. The Fantic 500 is a 450, the CCM a 600 with twin exhaust ports.

upload_2020-8-27_0-54-3.png

• Useful Useful x 1
  17. I sat on the 125 cabellero quite a tall bike for me would need adjusting to suit me was a reach to the bars as a long fuel tank...but I really like them and the 500 is probably very good there is a good YouTube video of the 500

18. I like the ccm flat track bike

Do Not Sell My Personal Information