1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Icon Anyone Fitted Barkbusters ?

Discussion in 'Scrambler' started by Android853sp, Oct 15, 2020.

1. Started to investigate Barkbusters as an alternative to handlebar muffs now it’s getting colder. Not particularly impressed by how the handlebar clamp fixing for the support frame looks in the pictures on the Barkbuster web site. Anyone know what they look like in the flesh ? Andy

2. I think you would be better off investing in heated grips, bark busters are Australian hand guards mainly for off roading.

3. Got heated grips. Looking to provide some protection from the air flow over the back of the hand. Just been pointed at the Barkbuster, universal, single point fixing frame, paired with a carbon protector which is supplied separately. According to the web site, most definitely not for off road or collision protection. Andy

4. I put handguards on my 800... helped a little... but not much

But have muffs for the 1100.... helps much more..

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. upload_2020-10-15_19-48-33.png

Easy on and Off

6. In winter - heated grips - Keis heated gloves and hand muffs.... toasty...

7. Good call, I have the RST Paragons... grips for palms, gloves for backs :)

8. upload_2020-10-15_20-4-8.png

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. Mine was all metal arms - i thing they do all metal and metal plastic from memory... it was 5 years ago..

10. Cycra hand guards - but on the throttle side I mounted the hand guard mount between the throttle and switchgear - otherwise brake was moved out too far and ball of lever was under my little finger. - Had to drill a new hole in handlebar to move switch gear down.

• Useful Useful x 1
  11. Bloody hell, wise words!

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. A few weeks ago I had a very slow incident on an off road day on an off road bike, again walking pace.
    I clipped a fence post which knocked the brake lever back on to my hand......and took half of my little finger clean off.
    I enquired why the bikes don’t have hand guards and was given the same reasoning as @apatchy found. If you fall off they do more damage than hitting anything. Go over the handlebars with hand guards fitted and you will almost certainly break and/or dislocate both hands or wrists. Had never thought of it before.

Always a school day.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Its healing but it's been a stark reminder of how fragile we are and, as minor as it is in the scheme of things, its a permanent disability.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. I have fitted some Barkbusters and they are okay, took a couple of hours of careful fettling and adjustment but it is straight forward if you follow the instructions to the letter. I have heated grips too and the BBs do work keeping the cold off your fingers. They are solid and I like them - got them in red with a white upper guard.

15. Yes, thanks for that. Their universal, single point fixing with carbon guards are fitted now, just not had an occasion to use the bike in anger to see if they do the job. Andy

Do Not Sell My Personal Information