1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone for a cup of tea?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by freshage, Apr 12, 2012.

1. I need someone who knows the 1098S inside out for a day...

Nothing wrong with the bike, but once the 748 goes on Saturday, I will again have room to strip the 1098S properly and get a good look at all her gubbins and familiarise my self with her.

So, anyone know one inside out to spend half a day with me running over things, tips and tricks for removing/bolting things on?

Probably next weekend.

As said, payment is tea and biscuits :)

2. nice idea Chris - what did your last slave die of? :wink:

3. White no sugar....oh, I have to earn it?

If I were nearer........

4. location???? i know fack all about the 1098 but i'll drink ya tea....................................actually im the same with my 8 , not quite sure where everything is etc ...the 996 was pisseasy and i new my way round it , try removing the fairing ????? ....jeeeeeeezooooose HOW MANY FASTENERS

5. Chris I have no idea about the bike but I can make tea and provide biscuits lol

6. Wait till you put that Ohlins on it then, Ducati design strikes again....

7. Haha, a location might be helpful, Reading.

And yep, the 748, could strip that within 30 mins down to nothing but a engine hanging in the frame.

1098S, took me almost a hour to get the RH/LH fairings off! Hate it :(

I had to ring Moto Rapido to ask how to put the pillion pegs on!!!

8. Yup - those fairings/well nuts are a whore to get off, actually off is ok, on is horrible! You can change to Dzus if you've a mind to taking a drill to her...:eek:

The tank is a little tricky as you have to remove the side thingies without scratching the tank!

9. Anything can be removed with a little patience.....and a big enough hammer.

10. Or explosives.........

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  11. Right, decided, next weekend the following jobs will be at hand:

Sprocket replacements
    Chain replacement
    Belt check
    Sparkie checks
    Possibly oil change
    Rear bushes check
    Overal wiring check and a beer