1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone For Cricket!?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Mary Hinge, Dec 28, 2021.

1. Jesus, I can't remember such a pathetic test performance by an England team. Embarrassing to say the least.... They will be remembered. Unless it's even worse in the next Ashes :laughing:

Maybe they should have given the Sheila's a bash?.. :astonished:

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Cricket is the most boring game of all. No ifs, no buts. Just fact.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Hmmm, the nations of India and Pakistan may beg to differ. I'm certainly not mad about cricket but I follow it a little. A bit like baseball and golf- shite to watch but fun to play.

4. Glad I'm not a sports fan. Can't we put Boycott back in front of the wicket?

5. Went to a baseball game a few years ago. I was bored stupid.

Went on a golf holiday to France about 25 years ago with a bunch of friends. Golf is indeed a “good walk spoiled”. The most fun thing that happened on that trip was when we had a “water skimming” competition on the hotel swimming pool using lumps of cheese from our lunch :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. i'm told it's a good day out but i'v only got one life so i canny see me wasting it to find out. i have watched a bit of 20-20 while waiting for a dhansak, it looked entertaining enough, certainly the chefs where well pumped up watching it. i haven't quite got my head round the scoring system either. what does loosing by six runs mean?
    chortle.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Dysentery :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. ah, i guess that explains the shits i had when i heard the score. doesn't explain the giggles tho..:p

9. I believe England were thrashed? I don’t like cricket so don’t give a shit. Used to play rounders at school, I liked that because we played with the girls :blush:

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Well you’re on a wind up today Tel!

I’ve had the best of times on my annual golf trips with the lads for years now. Love the game.
    Baseball? Now I’ll give you that. Been to a few games in the States over the years & it’s kinda fun for a bit when you’re there, but watching literally nothing happen for 4 hours & 9 top & bottom innings just to see 2 runs is challenging to day the least

11. “loosing by six runs” doesn’t mean anything because it doesn’t make sense.
    “Losing” by six runs means exactly what it says, “ you have lost the game because the other team scored six more than you did.
    You’re welcome!

12. The team should have been on bonus only payments. Might have made them try a bit harder.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. sorry Symon, just a wee bit of cross boarder banter. i was referring to this. i had to do the Math to get to loosing by six.
    Callum MacLeod's brilliant 140 not out took the home side to 371-5 in glorious batting conditions in Edinburgh.
    jonny Bairstow's 54-ball century looked to have England on course until they slipped from 220-2 to 276-7.
    Liam Plunkett (47 not out) and Moeen Ali (46) kept them in it, but last man Mark Wood was lbw to Safyaan Sharif from the fifth ball of the 49th over.

14. The only time it was ever remotely interesting was with Botham back in the eighties at the wicket or in the field doing his one man crusade .

15. You never saw Gower, Lamb & Willis at their best then or Flintoff’s marvels or Pietersen smashing the ball around or… guess not. ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. I know it was just banter finm but it’s still “losing” not “loosing”!

17. And they knight England players if they manage to win a a game : unamused:

18. Ha ha there is some truth to that actually!

19. I think cricket (like most American sports) is about the occasion and not the event, I can’t actually believe people go for the actual sport, if all “refreshments” were banned would they still be there……….

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Especially when cricket fans could watch the equally exciting spectacle of paint drying in the comfort of their own home!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information