1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone get out today?

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by AirCon, Nov 11, 2012.

1. First Ever Metting of the West London MOACA - This Sunday?

What a fantastic bike day :biggrin:
    Box Hill then New lands corner.
    Queen. Are there any regular Ducati bike meets in the London or south east?

#1 AirCon, Nov 11, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2012
  2. No I din't bloomin' get out, thanks for asking. grrrr!!! wanted to to but the fickle finger of fate (and the Mrs) went against me.
    Lovely weather around here. Often get up to Newlands myself. Usually hang out further South, down around Loomies Cafe on the A272.

3. Did a run out west to Amersham, Great Missenden, Wentworth, Risborough and back home on the M40 by which time it was getting dark and cold, the "ICE" message appeared a few times :))

Would have been happy to do Box hill if i had know. Perhaps we need to set up a regular meeting???

4. Yeah..sounds awesome.
    But avoid whatever yesterday was (2nd Sunday of the month?) as the hardlyableto Guildford chapter were there. I hate it with some many SCAMMELL look alikes next to my Duke:biggrin:
    I went with a Gixter and a CX500...OMG....so slow...22 in a 30, we got overtaken in Hampton by a guy on a bicycle!!
    Not a lycra covered bum, but a spotty teenager with a bike probably stolen from the park...

Some poor guy on a 749s was doing the "Red Key" shuffle with the help of the AA patrol man...
    very embarrassed :redface:....keep those batteries changed!

5. i did a run , denham , beaconsfield, amersham, Wendover and back to uxbridge :)

im up for regular meetings lol, dont know any ducatist in my area ...

• Like Like x 1
  6. OK...how do we do this?
    Is there a venue West of London that someone could suggest as a good meeting point?
    Newlands and Boxhill are a fairway out for those who've responded thus far.
    On Sundays I like a bacon roll and a coffee...so the meeting point should have those and other kosher dishes available.

What day? Shall we stick with tradition and say a Sunday?
    Time...suggest 9:30 for a 10 move off.
    Distance / time - way points etc? important for those ex-racers and ones with sticky mattresses (can't get them off their back!).

A name for our motley crew? I leave that to a better wordsmith. Although I do like Shires-MOACA* hehe...but the lady amongst us means we can't use that.

I suppose we should set up a group on here...can someone help with that?

*Men of a certain Age...copyright of someone else.

• Like Like x 1
  9. the only place i know in London is ace cafe lol:D the group is already opened , but not even single thread lol:D noone gets involved i guess :D
    i don't mind any name to be honest :)

Sunday is fine for me ...time also ( although in winter i would suggest after 11 maybe ... once the morning ice is melted lol)

10. I'm up for Somerset too!
    West bay is always a favourite....

11. Great meeting place some nice roads
    Driven them never rode them
    Hoping to in the future the coast road from Lyme to Wyemouth is a want

• Like Like x 1
  12. one of my favourites :smile:

13. Yep, mine too :biggrin:

14. I like the idea of the Ace cafe to meet up, but its a bit too in the city don't you folks think?

May I suggest the McDonald's off junction 1 (denham junction) off the m40

McDonald's, 37 Oxford Road, Denham, Uxbridge, Greater London UB9 4DA

Close to the motorways for those coming from further afield, yet quick to get onto some nice rides!

If you're looking for a name such as MOACA, why not motorcyclist of a certain age? A bit more neutral for the ladies who ride!

The Lyme Regis road from Weymouth is fantastic....had the great fortune of doing it in late July .....great weather, blue sea on the left and green hills on the right....loved it!

I plead for a 10:30 meet for an 11:00 am get away in winter, when the clocks change we can do earlier! This Sunday out for me but the 25th will be good!

Riding out west with the sun on our backs:))

• Like Like x 1
  15. Count me in, maybe not every meet but I'm in Northolt so very local

• Like Like x 1
  17. Is it possible to rename this thread to attract more readers from West of London?
    How about the first ever meeting of the MOACA (London West)?
    Or do we have to start a new thread?

18. you can open new group and always post new info there :) would be easy to find :)

19. Ok...I've started a group copied all the stuff into it...but where does it appear?
    I can find it if I search it...but what list does it appear on?
    I'm not very good with this website stuff.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information