1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

996 Anyone Good With Hyroglyphs?

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by Carrott, Apr 16, 2018.

1. And there was I thinking it was going to be easy to work out the year of manufacture. Can anyone decode this?

Failing that, what tune will it play if I feed it into a pianola?

[​IMG]

2. Knees up mother brown, if it's anything like mine.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. December 1999

4. Probably some horrific Italian techno pop or whatever was popular with the kids of Bologna in ‘99.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Braille?

6. Just remember, the date on the part doesn't always equate to the date of the bike. I once had a 2003 seat on my 2005 999 and I believe it was the original seat

7. Excellent. Many thanks.

8. if i mind right from my fiat courses it also contains recycling info maybe?

9. The little triangle half in shot at the bottom of the pic...

10. yip,
    going back a bit here, but from what i mind there was/is "hieroglyphics" giving info on interior parts re recycling other than the triangle along with year of manufacture. hmm.

11. No :) you get the triangle with a number in it and also something like >PA6-GF30< to designate the polymer type more accurately...

12. coolio, i knew it was sumit like that, as loz pointed out the other day, i tend to fall asleep in class. i also gave a good explanation why. :p

13. Detention for you dude :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information