1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone got a 2013 bike yet

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Aztec, Jan 18, 2013.

1. As per the title?

2. I have mine on order for beginning of March - release date was confirmed by Ducati yesterday, so looks like they are starting to come....!

3. My brother's put a deposit down on a Panigale. The flash bastard:frown:

4. I've just taken delivery of a 2014 Enfield:tongue: Its the same as the 2013, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018!!

• Like Like x 2
  5. Well I will be having a new bike to me in 2013 but it's not new ;-)

I can't wait

• Like Like x 1
  6. My Multistrada S Touring (matt chrome) is "going to be in transit imminently".

7. Thanks, Im interested in knowing how good the wind protection is

8. Settlers are the best thing for that!!

• Like Like x 1
  9. :)

10. OK, I'll let you know. I'm anticipating it'll be a fair bit better than the last model.

11. Been told my multi will be here end of Feb / beginning of March

12. Been told my pikes peak will be here next week. Yahoo

13. Got no firm date for my Pikes Peak. BUMMER!

14. I rode the new skyhook s version yesterday while mine was in for some warranty work. My first impressions were, like sitting on a bolder compared to mine, the suspension and seat are much firmer. not impressed initially. The engine is noticeably smoother especially in the lower part of the rev range. It now has a hazard warning switch which is a double left click of the left indicator switch. The display in normal riding mode is slightly different as it displays the configuration if the abs, the engine power setting and the reaction control. When I got on the motorway it was obvious the screen offered far better wind protection, keeping the wind off my chest and head. Off the motorway and on to the twisties the suspension shows the benefits of the new skyhook. The bike feels much more like a sports bike offering a firm ride and giving more feed back than the ohlins on my bike. The front forks do not dive so under braking and it does not hunch so much under acceleration. The tires were the originals developed for the bike which felt much better than the road angels I have on mine. Confidence inpiring. The roads were mostly wet. There are also little things like the little storage area on yhw rhs fairing now opens with a little push. Could not find how to operate the steering lock though. One little thing, twice it would not start on the first push of the button!
    Overall I liked it especially the sportiness of the ride and the smoothness of the engine. Downside not so comfortable, but i guess you can't have it all ways eh!

15. So wind protection much improved, thanks

16. The skyhook suspension will feel firm when you sit on the bike until you switch the ignition on when it then becomes operable.

I believe its this way in case there is a failure of the skyhook system and at least you could ride the bike home with too firm suspension. Too soft would make it unrideable.

17. My 2013 pikes peak was delivered to me today. I had a quick spin down the expressway and then back to the Dealer to have the accessories fitted.
    To set the scene, I am an old fart and traded my 2010 Multi on the PP. I like the Multi because it is such an effortless bike to ride under all conditions and I have never finished a ride without a smile on the dial. I am not a rip, tear, bust; knee on the ground sort of guy, my mantra is a smooth ride is a good ride.

First impressions, from the quick spin down the expressway, it’s a different bike and boy have I made the right decision. The engine is much smoother, the ride firm and reassuring, you can hold a higher gear at any given revs, ergonomics are improved (more room on the seat), a different and better power delivery and the finish is fantastic. No more wobbly bits in the rear end and the black handle bars are a nice touch.
    Off for a real ride in the weekend. :smile:

18. I rode a demo S Touring yesterday and after my 2011 S I agree that it is a different bike. I only did about 60 miles but that was enough to know.

The first 5 miles was in a 30mph zone in stop/start traffic and it was a relative pleasure! It is happy to potter at 2000 rpm and you can ease away with only about 1500 rpm and it feels happy. 30mph in third gear is comfortable and as said previously you can generally pull one gear higher at a given speed, comfortably and without the instrument pod shaking. Higher up the revs I didn't detect any difference in power delivery from previous - still huge torque and power.

On the motorway there was a strong northerly wind so I effectively tested it up to 90+mph wind speed. I am 6' 2" and the stock screen will do for me! I had a choice of fully down and sit up in a reasonably quiet slipstream or screen all the way up. When up it is not quite tall enough for my height but if I leaned forward a little to look just over the screen there was a sweet spot of silence and no buffet. Anyone shorter should find this a perfect quiet ride setting. In between I found a bit of noise and buffeting but none of the horrendous roar and head shaking from the old bike. (I have been riding with a shorty as the only way to stop the noise/buffeting). At lower speeds the ride was extremely pleasant behind the screen/fairing. Having said all that everyone is different so I would urge a test ride to see how it is for you.

I found the brakes were much improved and the bike very stable under hard braking - a combination of the combined braking and the Skyhook I would guess. The rear brake was much firmer and more effective than my bike too so maybe they have made some more mods to it?

I visited the showroom to get part ex figures for changing my bike next year but after the test ride and an excellent deal placed an order there and then! Delivery May. So be warned - test riding the 2013 bike will likely cost you! :cool:

19. Thanks for all the feedback, I have been asked by a few if I will make screen spacers for the 2013 bike

20. My 2013 base model is sitting in the front room being modded and waiting for March 1st

Do Not Sell My Personal Information