1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone Had The Outer Fork Tubes Re-anodised?

Discussion in 'Detailing and cleaning' started by comfysofa, Aug 25, 2019.

1. Cleaning the RSV4 yesterday and noticed the outers are going off a little - anyone had their re-anodised??

2. I’m sure when i had my forks serviced, they said new tubes etc were available. Might be as cheap as re coating?
    Ps, just noticed due to courses he runs, workshop services resume in september.
    https://www.reactivesuspension.com/index.php

3. I strongly suspect cos the manufacturer begins with "O" its gonna be mega bucks for essentally the first bit of a bike to fold on impact on something else...i think fromrecollection the inners were something 250 each..

4. I had some smaller parts anodised the other year with varying degrees of success. Speedymoto clutch cover came out great ( black), but pillion foot rest hangers looked a lot greyer. Ended up powder coating those. Different specs of ally maybe?

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. Be careful with what people offer here. Anodising is a surface conversion not a surface plating. When alloy parts are anodised the finish process converts the surface adding around 20 microns or so but the also extends into the base material the same amount. If you have anodising stripped off the original part will be smaller as the surface will be reduced by the depth the anodising penetrates into the base material. Perhaps not a problem on things like a clutch cover but I’d think twice about fork tubes

• Useful Useful x 1
  6. Surely that wouldn't matter to much on the outers??

7. You might lose some definition on the outer tube profile, maybe threads will be affected?

I’ve not had bike parts done btw, my experience is in electrical aerospace connectors, quite thick anodising that when stripped back to base metal made the parts look like they’d been sand blasted

Do Not Sell My Personal Information