1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1299 Anyone Have A Panigale Nicked?

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by comfysofa, Apr 30, 2017.

1. Cross boarder police have revcovered 2 in good nick....not sure if it was anyone on here....post says ive gotta prefix it but not sure which ones they are...apart from theyre both red.

Cross Border Police (@XBorderCops) on Twitter

2. Looks like a 1199 (left) & 1299 (right) it's painful to see them lying like that . My major concern if my bike was retrieved as a result of a tracker ( or otherwise).

• Like Like x 1
  3. C-kPX69XYAE736u.jpg

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  4. One of them had a gps-tracker...no doubt.

5. Wonder if they are from the two hits recently at Ducati Manchester?

• Like Like x 3
  6. @triari this is NOT how to transport bikes ;)

One of the reasons I don't have a tracker is I wont want it back. Likely both those bikes will be written off anyway, so it just creates hassle for the owner IMHO

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  7. Personally if it resulted in getting any bike thief nicked I'd put up with the hassle, if it gets written off or repaired so be it. Think mine was only initially dumped so they could see if it had a tracker on it or not whilst the TL being a track bike was gone. Plus if the insurance had paid out I would struggle to pay for it on a new bike, my policy went up by £70 due to the risk of it getting nicked again even though I've totally revamped the security I have.

8. I pay good money for full coverage insurance. Once the bike is gone I don't want it back. I'll take a new one, thanks!

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. there were 3 nicked from Cambridge last I heard they got 1 back

10. According to the other thread 2 were recovered due to one having tracker plus two arrests.

• Like Like x 4
  11. Shame they still can't find mine

12. Shame they still can't find mine

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Mate from UK Monster forum had two scooters nicked in 2 years. He now cannot insure anything with TPFT let alone Fully comp.
    He has sold most of his bikes and now has a Monster 620 and old CBR on 3rd party only.

We had a look for a quote on Monster s2r 1000 and it came for him as 16000k a year for TPFT cheapest. he never had accident and is a taxi driver so gets discount on insurance.
    Basically he is being refused, trust me if you want to be able to insure a bike in future if damage is minimal repair it.

• WTF WTF x 1
  14. Yep 100% as above. In London it's an absolute nightmare. Most of the underwriters do not even quote so there's hardly any choice. When I first insured my Panigales I had to do it at half value to even get a quote.

15. It's worse as not only nightmare it also shows complete lack of consistency and common sense in quotes. Almost as if they are not done against any set of specific rules.

Where I live now it is classed as low risk area of London and I have a garage.

Quote for Pani for this year (that is mainly why I did not get it).

899 or 959 no matter what mods as long as below 20k in value fine. Full comp at about "1500" per annum but did not do much searching.
    Pani 1299 over 20k in value almost no quotes and if I got one they were high. About 3k to 3.5k for 4 bikes with Pani on it if Pani valued at 22k to 25k.
    If Pani valued at 19999 back to 1500 same mods. That is 2k extra per annum.
    Now bear with me.
    New Pani 22k, plus few bits 25k.
    You leave show room value drops in 3 months by about 2k. Unless you have GAP insurance.
    Extras you can claim on uninsurable losses but even if you cannot that means in 3 months value of your bike drops to 22k - 23k.
    If you were to make a claim within first 3 months you will be ok if you have GAP insurance.
    After 3 months no need for GAP insurance at all. 22k-23k value minus 2k you would pay more per annum to insure at full value leaves at 21k, minus depreciation insurance company would apply and you are at 20k.

Alternative buy a 3 months old Pani and you good to go.

Insurance companies lately more and more do what they want and no one is controlling them.

16. My panigale is on 3rd party only cause my last bike got stolen and I claimed for it. So yeah, it's not as easy as just saying insurance will sort it. It's probably 5 years before I get a decent quote for a bike again, despite 8 years no claims on the car and no points on the licence. I did also claim for an accident 3 years ago so that's still on the record. Can't really fault insurers for seeing an accident and a theft and thinking this isn't something to get behind.

17. Accident is not as bad as theft. Purely cause theft is 100% not under your control while accident can be.

18. Yeah i had no trouble insuring a GSXR after the accident claim. But once the GSXR got stolen, 899 quotes were like £3000-4000.

19. Yes over last 3-4 years I been realising more and more that insurance is a big scam but fully comp is the worst of them all.

If you have fully comp they will be forcing you to rack up the costs and then write off the vehicle for minor of damages.
    They will then hit you with next quote if they cannot recover costs. Catch here is they rack up costs and force a write off long before they know for sure they can get it all back so they take a risk, gamble, not tell you and hope for best. If not customer will pay.

I do TPFT when I can, have additional road side recovery, have solicitor add on and repair what I can myself if no one else is to blame.
    If theft was to happen but I get bike back I would only claim for damage that is over 700GBP in my case. I have 200 excess (300 if stolen 0.5 miles from garage while parked) that you always have to pay. Then if my only theft damage is top yoke and key barrel I can get that fixed for below 700 anyhow with aftermarket parts, ebay and in some cases dealer as well.

My hyper had in parts damage after accident of 1200GBP (bike was 8 months old) but insurance bill was 5k before rental bike even kicked in.
    Towing, parts new (not aftermarket), labour and price goes up.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information