1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone Have Any Experience With The Aprilia Tuono V4 1100 Factory?

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Sicilian, Dec 1, 2021.

1. As the title, anyone have any experience with this bike?

Ticks many boxes for me, just like to hear people experience with these good or bad.

2. Having found that the "sports bike" hunch on track was killing my neck, I started looking at Sports Tourers and Nakeds for a track bike. The Tuono was the first bike I managed to test ride. The bars are very flat and forward so still the "sports bike" hunch. The build quality was good, the electronic suspension jarringly firm in 'Road', qs/blipper good although not as good as my Panigale V4, pace was electric but a little too electric for the "tippy" short wheel base after my V4. Awesome bike, just not what I was looking for. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  3. I’ve had decent test rides on the 2018 model with manual suspension..
    E38EC5DC-D575-4297-831C-20AB20B6D296.jpeg

And the 2019 model with the electronic Ohlins suspension..
    1E18D487-A98F-44A1-ACA2-F82C9BD446BF.jpeg

I’m also keeping a close eye on the new updated 2021 model as I think one of these could also be my next bike.
    Didn’t feel much difference suspension wise between the two bikes I tested, but tbh you need about a week or two fiddling with them to set them up properly for your weight and riding preferences, absolutely bags of go, great instant shove as soon as you crack the throttle and the V4 sounds fantastic.
    Purposeful but not uncomfortable riding position and the little fairing takes the sting out of any windblast, I reckon you could manage a quite decent tour on one of these.
    Somehow the new 2021 model surprisingly looks a little bit cheaper in quality terms to me when you look at them side by side ??
    I think it’s an itch I’m going to have to scratch as well, only two negatives I can think of are it’s a bit of a drinker, mid to high 30s mpg from a couple of owners I’ve met, and also Aprilia’s seem to depreciate pretty quickly, not helped by Aprilia’s pricing strategy, new model came out at £18,100 but can now be had for just over £16,000.
    Sounds far better than the Ducati V4 imo, overall the Tuono is a fab bike I think.

#3 Poucher, Dec 1, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. @Mr C he can tell you all about them, he's had one for about 2-2 1/2 years now.

I've had a quick spin on his, it's a cracking bike, didn't spend too much time on it to really get under the covers of it but it ticked all of the boxes, possible a bit small for me (6ft) but I am sure there's some adjustment etc.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Found a dealer in Watford, doing this for £16500.00 with FREE Akra carbon can and upmap. Love my Diavel, but miss the feel of a smaller bike.

6. Fantastic bike. Good points, noise, handling, wheelies, looks.
    Bad points, twitchy throttle which can be part cured by putting an o ring between the throttle and its housing, and the fact you can't change the suspension settings on the fly.
    Never found a problem with the qs, rarely use the clutch once I'm moving.
    Dynoed 170 something rwhp with more easily achievable with a remap. I seriously doubt a full fat sports bike will be quicker on public roads.
    I use the suspension on active race and find it OK on the road. But I am fat.
    Did I mentioned the wheelies?
    And the sound?

• Like Like x 1
  7. I had a test ride on a 2021 factory model recently and thought it was superb - ballistic but smooth and planted; quickshifter/autoblipper good with enough revs, seat comfortable, decent wind protection, great sound.
    Only downside for me was the riding position (canted forward) it is still a bit too sporty as I'm now a confirmed 'upright' rider.
    I haven't tried earlier models or non-factory so I can't comment on how it compares to them, or any of the Ducati V4s.

• Like Like x 1
  8. I test rode one back-to-back on public roads with a Speed Triple 1200 RS.

Others are in a better position to comment on ride quality etc, however, I will say that when I jumped on the Speed after the Tuono, the Speed felt much more smooth and refined, I also think the build quality of Speed is much higher.

The biggest thing (sic) I can contribute is that I'm 5' 6", and although the Speed is at the very top end of an acceptable / safe seat height, the Tuono was just above that limit, and that would be a show stopper for me.

I was offered the new 2021 Tuono Factory for £16K, if it was without a trade in.

• Like Like x 1
  9. I've been close to buying a Speed Triple RS in the past, two thing for me though. I prefer the wind protection on the Tuono (still need to test ride one though) and I hate the headlamps shape on the Speed Triple.

Next dry day I may pop over to Onyerbike, Aylesbury for a test ride of the Tuono.

• Like Like x 1
  10. They can’t be that bad a bike my mate has 2, different colours. Tank range is his only real gripe other than that he’s pleased.

11. I had the 19 model from new and couldnt fault it, Perfect road bike imo, Comfortable for 3 to 4 hrs, Its sure addictive to ride, Dont ask why but i never kept it that long
    67873002_2398803830403968_5945949786824769536_n.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  12. Had mine a few years now, covered about 7k miles on it, its a brilliant allrounder from scratching around your local back lanes to a 1300 mile jaunt around the NC500 it will pretty much take anything you throw at it. The noise is intoxicating and the mid range wants to pull your arms off.
    I did think about maybe chopping it in for the new model but to be honest Im not 100% on the looks of the new model, that said I've not seen one up close up in the flesh.

Mods I have done Race Map, +2 rear sprocket, RSV4 Forged wheels, suspension set up. Offical Aprilia USB point.

20210718_074905.jpg 20210718_074914.jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. My youngest brother is on his second one. Whenever I’ve ridden it I’ve loved it. His latest one is a Factory version, couple of years old now. We both think that version looks better than the latest ones but each to their own.

On Yer Bike do very good deals on them, suggest you check them out.

Agree about the O ring on the throttle, we both prefer the slightly leaning forward position to an upright position. Change the end can, fit one of your choice and maybe go up a couple of teeth on the rear sprocket.

The quickshifter is superb and suspension is really good too. Yes it drinks a bit but who cares when it’s that much fun to ride. He regularly rides it to Malaga and back, so it’s good for a tour. Sometimes his Mrs goes on the pillion but you won’t find many people prepared to do that. My Mrs certainly wouldn’t but his Mrs loves it!

They do two versions now I believe. One is more touring focused and can take panniers.

I have to say, the Aprillia Tuono has been calling me for some time now. I can see me giving in before long. I’d suggest you do, I think you’ll like it.

C4D58C4F-2472-42E2-8280-8BDA4A89843E.jpeg 79B49816-5A81-43CB-8017-6CDCF08DD364.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  14. Cracking looking bikes, the V4 1100. The one above makes the Ducati look like Shrek....

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Didn't say they where bad, I think they great bikes spec and looks apart from their headlamps, just don't like them however silly that sounds. If the front was re-styled I'd most likely consider one.

Thanks for all the feedback guys, I think I'm going to have get a test ride in to see if it will convice me enough to buy one.

16. I also had a test ride on a new Speed Triple 1200 RS and, like most of the reviews, felt the suspension too harsh for UK roads and probably best suited to the track.

#16 Stanford, Dec 2, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2021
  17. I love mine _DSC0022.JPG ive come very close to trading it in for something different, but never followed through with it as i just can't part with it....as others have said the noise, the handling, looks are epic

• Like Like x 1
  18. Regarding fuel, I have seen 119 miles from a tank

• Like Like x 1
  19. Is that normal or a best figure you have recorded?

20. Is that the Ilmberger bellypan?
    Very tempted to get one:cool:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information