1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone Heard Of Monkey Gripp Tank Extensions?

Discussion in 'Trackdays & Rider Skills' started by LiveFast......, Oct 19, 2020.

1. I came across them on a facebook ad, US based - they are obviously a young company and still in development- nothing for Ducati yet but I have asked if they have any plans to create something for the Panigale V twins.

Ugly as sin but I like the concept and a difference option to the
    http://www.race-seats.it/index.php/...atoio-e-sella-1299-1199-899-panigale-1-detail

Plus - the guy lost a finger to a belt sander while developing it so he deserves a bit of luck! :D

http://monkeygripp.com/gripps/

3B70CD07-8057-48C0-BC0C-BB605011AB3D.jpeg

I reckon a 1 piece version like the one being developed below would be ideal for a Panigale.

2E0BCDCF-44F5-4B8D-8DE3-0BB03471383D.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Is it April already?

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Hi Live Fast, Thanks for your interest! We have decide to start with the 899/959/1199/1299 and are currently working on 1-piece High and Low profile versions. The attached picture are pretty rough. They are the 3-D printed models before they are filled in and completed to their final form. Follow us on Instagram @MonkeyGripp. Thanks! -Nick

7254E1A4-759D-4E10-AEE6-F1AF8DCCB0DD.jpeg

1E21F129-C271-4087-8D6C-CEBB7E207FAD.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  4. Screenshot_2021-03-13-07-11-38-05.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  5. I'm liking these but the price is a little salty

6. I'm using the raceseat.it on my 1299. They help greatly. I use them with TechSpec grips. These are the best grips. The R&G and the others simply come unstuck after a while.

I also had a 1299 comfort seat adjusted to fit the raceseat.it tank extender.

This will all be for sale in a month or two when I put my 1299 to oem to sell. I will be listing it on here along with a full Ti Akra (with baffles provided too), a rapidbike evo and DP rearsets. I just need a month or two of riding as I missed a whole yr.

5B6B993B-2C0D-4951-A95F-0605740A6D7A.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  7. Ever considered a nice juicy forum discount? I see you do the Triumph Daytona :)

8. Thanks for your interest. I’ll try to be my best-self and civil in my response, but I gotta say it’s awfully frustrating when people complain about the price of our hand crafted tank extensions.

1) You own a Ducati and you are complaining about the price. Really?!

2) The cost of the materials that we use are unbelievably high. The urethane rubber coating and polyurethane foams are around $100 per gallon each. I guarantee the profit margin, when considering the cost of labor and materials, is substantially lower than 98% of any of the other bolt on race parts such as rear sets, brake calipers, fairings, etc.

3) Our products are much lower price when compared to most of the carbon fiber tank shrouds that are out there. They are all around $300-350US.

4) We have a money back guarantee. The people who have spent the money apparently feel the benefits are worth the $ because we have not had one single return yet.

9. We're British. Complaining abut the price of things is as everyday to us as is complaining about the weather. Take no heed. They'll still buy it.

10. He has about 6 bikes ;)

If you’re selling, who cares if someone thinks it expensive :upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. My track hack is a GSXR 750k8 that cost me £3200 not a £25k V4s. Just because someone is on the Ducati forum does not make them minted by default. Many on here don't own a Ducati. Some don't own any motorcycles currently. We are a community of like minded individuals, we don't all have 6 figure pay checks.

It's about £200 + PnP to UK so I'd guess another £20 and likely I'd be hit by tax so roughly £265 to my door. I think that's a little salty for something I didn't know existed before this morning and nobody I've ever met can give their opinion on. If i met someone on track and chatted to them and gave it a poke myself I may consider it a bargain.

At no point did I suggest it was poor quality or a waste of money or indeed tat. I'm genuinely interested in the product.

Maybe you should send me one for cost so I can tell the UK track day community how great it is.

• Like Like x 2
  12. They better not be ALL Ducati!

I shouldn’t but I guess I still take it personally. I’ve never developed and tried to sell a product at this level before.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Genuine, no offense was meant, it was just when I had a look the price made me think twice. I don't think it's expensive, but it's at price point I'd have to think about it rather than just hitting "buy". Hence my term "salty". It's likely I'll buy a pair for the k8, but it will probably need to wait till autumn as all my disposal income is about to be spunked on petrol and tyres.

PS, I don't own 6 bikes!

14. The import duty and RM handling charges kill it for me I’m afraid.

15. The only way to minimise this is to have a uk stockist/distributor.

16. Nonda. Gixer. 996. 999 (?). Sure there was another one at least somewhere ;)

17. SRAD 6. 750k8. 996 + 999. That's it, all 4 wouldn't cover a V4 Street fighter.

18. Thanks for that. I have a bunch of seconds for the K8 with minor cosmetic blemishes. $50 and cover shipping cost and I'll send you a pair. It was $41US the last time I shipped a small 2-piece MonkeyGripp to the UK. I have limited colors so what would be your top three color choices?

19. I hear ya. Total it would be around $250 to $300 depending on the specific size of the MonkeyGripp you get. They vary in size and weight depending on the bike. What would be an affordable total cost for you to consider it? Thanks for your interest.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information