1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone In Nottingham For A Run Out In The Week?

Discussion in 'Rideouts & Events' started by Nozzer66, Oct 14, 2018.

1. Retired now so in the week I ride out to Rutland or the Peak District for some great roads and a cafe stop, so anyone based in Nottingham as well fancy a weekly run out?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Thread moved

3. Nozzer66, I like a midweek rideout but got my hands full this month till november unless work ease's off. I'm sure you'll peak up some interest as the peak-district has some glorious hills & road routes.

• Like Like x 1
  4. If you pick decent weather then the SP could do with a run.

5. Agree, I prefer above 8’C and a bone dry day but that’s why it maybe short notice but I usually get out 2 days a week so is there a secure way of swapping info on this forum? Roughly where are you based?

6. I'm around 6 miles north of Newark, where are you ?

7. I would be up for this weather dependant and I'm sure @ton-up would if we are heading Derbyshire way. I'm in Ravenshead North Notts near Cornerspeed.

8. Lived in Ravenshead many years ago, did you know it was originally called Fishpool?
    Anyway, yes a Derbyshire ride out would be good, just need as much time as possible.
    Tim

9. I’m about 5 miles north of Nottm city centre.

10. Top Valley, Rise Park ?

11. I hope to retire at christmas so if this is still going next year Ill be there.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Mapperley Plains.

13. Oh the posh bit :):upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  14. Definitely next year as well be good to meet up again. :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Yes evidently the locals changed it because they said it didn't sound up market enough. :rolleyes:

16. Oh ok, you’re only about 15mins from me then! Will check the weather for Weds or Thursday then post tomorrow to see if anyone can make a run out. Will probably do the Snake pass then return to Grindleford station cafe, but open to suggestions.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Tomorrow is looking very good weather wise so will head off to the Peak District starting out from about 11am, so if anyone is free then please let me know if you want a run out!

18. Well had a great ride out for about 4 hours up to Ladybower Reservoir then across on Snake Pass to Glossop. Returned across to Grindleford cafe for a spot of lunch & a cuppa then home. About 15’C and not too windy!

If anyone is about this Friday and the weather holds I’m off to Foxton Locks which offers some superb roads and often not that busy in the week. Route will be Gunthorpe, Bingham, Langar, Harby, Waltham, then at Garthorpe pick up the B676 to Melton, then on a mega road the B6047 just about all the way to Foxton Locks. The Locks is well worth a visit if you haven’t been!

#18 Nozzer66, Oct 17, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Sorry I missed this, I am based in Bakewell and regularly do the snake pass run out, I'm retired but still do a bit of work, I would have joined you today, never mind perhaps next time you're up this way.
    Steve

20. Hi Steve, I’ll post again when I head over your way but as it’s always weather dependent it’s often short notice, also if you plan a run out give me a shout as it would be good to meet up.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information