1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1299 Anyone Installed Akra Full System Themselves?

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Hamos, Mar 8, 2016.

1. I saw a Pani with the Akra full system on when in the dealers at the weekend and I want one.

I already have the Akra slip ons that came with my base 1299. I can stretch to the Ti manifolds but not with the added labour for the dealer to fit.

I wanted to see if anyone here had fitted them themselves and if they could provide some tips, or sticking points to look out for. I'm handy with a spanner and have installed a full system on a Gixxer 750, that was straight forward. Things look more tightly packed on the Pani.

I've looked at the instructions and they seem OK, but that front manifold looks tight around the radiator. Any advice from those who have done this would be great.

2. I fitted mine on my 899,its a fairly simple job,i removed the rear subframe to make access easy,you dont have to strip all the parts off the subframe just undo the rear light connector and remove the black rubber connector block and hinge the tank forward,all the rest is nuts and bolts,i found it best to assemble it all loosely(except the headers) and cover the top of the cans in masking tape to stop scratching,also found it best to fit sidestand side can first,locating the cans is a bit of a bastard.A good 1/4 inch drive socket set with plenty of extenders and a knuckle joint is a must as is a long allen key socket set as some of the hex heads are a bastard to reach like the bottom rear set bolt and the exhaust can rear fixing bolt.I have done it a few times now but i would give yourself 3 to 4 hours.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information