1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone Know Anything About Marchesini Wheels...?

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by comfysofa, Dec 21, 2016.

1. As above... Are, for example in this case, marchesini m7r wheels themselves the same for all bikes... Ie an m7r for an r1 is the same wheel as say an m7r for a gsxr? Is the wheel itself the same across the board and its just the spacers and cush drive, and bearings that differ? Case in point I'm looking at some m7rr's from an r1 but was hoping to fit them to my Z1000... Assuming this is the case.... Anyone know where to buy the spares... Spacers, cush drive etc etc..?

2. Er... That just shows me..... A wheel... Unless I'm missing something...

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

3. For information, parts n spares

4. Funny... I actually phoned them a few months back (I've been trying with this for a while...) but he had no answers... Which is why I thought I'd ask here... Seems to be a black art... I don't mind piecing it all together... If it can be done...

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

5. Yes,

Mine are black and have a sticker on them saying forged, although they're probably not.

That's about as much as I have...

Happy to help...

6. Navigating the configurator on the Marchesini site, the M7R Genesi is listed for both R1 and GSXR1000, but they have different part numbers signifying that even though they are both the same weight and 17 x 3.50 & 17 x 5.50-6.00, they are not the same wheel. The cush drives are also the same number and contain the same number of units, therefore one has to suppose the hubs may be different widths. There is no listing for the Z1000

M7R Genesi
    Product code: FS7.12.59 Yamaha

M7R Genesi
    Product code: FS7.13.80 Suzuki

#7 Borgo Panigale, Dec 21, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2016
  7. Well, just after you posted I went out in to the garage (boardroom) phoned Crescent and got through to a different guy....he knew his stuff...so, heres what he told me....
    If you buy an m7r that's come from a stock production bike...road going GSXR for example then the wheels are all the same.
    If this is the case then you can buy spacer kits and rear cush drive adaptors....normal stock items.
    The ones I was looking at were from a BSB big bang r1. So, he tells me they could be a custom set manufactured specifically by marchesini. However, apparently there is a number stamped by the air valves. This is the drawing number which he can get hold of. From the he can see all the dimensions of the wheel and can in turn see if theyre normal stock ones or custom cast.
    Gonna see if I can get this number...he says if you "I" can get that then maybe if theyre stock cast ill be able to buy a spacer kit.

If I find something concrete ill post back....as the bloke at crescent "getting aftermarket wheels to fit different bikes is a bit of a black art my friend!"

None-the-less he was very helpful.

• Useful Useful x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information