1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone Know There R1's ??

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Steve m, Aug 19, 2016.

1. Hello all, looking for a bit of help from the Yamaha R1 savvy out there, I'm looking for an early R1,for more of an investment in all honesty & to drool over of course!
    Always liked the early examples, I came across this one earlier, aprox 45 miles from me, so on the doorstep as far as buying a bike goes & only 2.7k on the clock, £6999 too strong ? opinions invited & appreciated
    Steve
    Yamaha YZF-R1 2700 MILES, 1 OWNER, MINT, COMPLETELY STD, UNIQUE COLLECTOR BIKE | eBay

2. too much for this one. thats red/white seat of previous year price point!

3. As above, if you can get year 1 if you want an investment.

Good recent thread on R1 prices on here somewhere.

4. Nice side stand puck.

2000 was an update to the model and this looks mint. That's the original exhaust and nothing about the bike looks messed with.

The price seems a bit high to me and they don't crash well. The frames bend very easily but in their day they had game-changing grunt and eventually were out powered by the GXR-1000, so began the manufacturers arms race for power.

Brings back memories seeing that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

5. Or, a 50th anniversary jobbie....would that command a bit more coin in the future...?

6. dont know jack about r1's but a mates selling this if it floats your boat

For Sale

7. The 4xv carb engine 98-99 bikes are lovely. I had a blue one as my first track bike :)

I've currently got a black and silver 2002 5pw which I think was the first injection motor but I could be wrong

8. Not totally original but close. Seems cheap to me.

9. I don’t know about that but I can certainly vouch for him (who can vouch for me is another thing altogether though ;p )

• Like Like x 1
    • Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  10. Thanks for the helpful replies guys
    Still not the iconic first R1 colour scheme, but this one more desireable?...
    Yamaha YZF-R1 | eBay

11. Don't know my R1's but thats a very clean example,
    I wouldn't mind there Rothmans nsr250 sp , but there Candy blue 350lc is a bit high for an import.

#11 Roadtrip, Aug 20, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2016
  12. I seem to remember a recent thread discussing the colours of the original R1's, costs, and seat choices - the less desirable one back then is a few quid more now. Pretty sure @Exige knows his stuff.

13. Hi Steve, the 4XV is the first model from 1998/99. The one in your first post is a 2000 model and not desireable in comparison at all.
    The red one is a 4XV 1999.
    The 1998 White and red bike didn't sell due to the red seat being seen as not manly, back when men were men ;) everyone bought blue ones. Now people are even re painting blue ones red and white :Facepalm:
    So now, due to the rarity people have convinced the less manly men of today that they are worth more :Wideyed:.
    The second colour red/white/black in your post is the 99 4XV when Yamaha got it right, so these sold in slightly greater numbers than the blue one.
    If your looking at investment on an early R1 it must be a 4XV of very low miles, or new and unregistered would be better of course :)

• Like Like x 1
  14. Told you so :grinning:

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Red 5xv with TOCE exhausts was what I nearly had instead of the 999.

16. Good choice then.

17. A what?

18. Yes, as a 5XV is a Fazer 600!!!

19. Here's my zero mile unregistered R1 4XV with my new zero mile launch model R6 :D do you want to buy them :Angelic:

R1 & R6 005 - Copy Web Site.jpg R1 & R6 007.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  20. Sorry, 2005.

Should have checked my top trumps cards before posting Mr technical....:flushed:

• Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information