1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V2 Anyone Noticed This? (probably Applies To Multiple V2 Pani)

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Phill748, May 4, 2021.

1. Hi, anyone noticed this wire bent around the plastic cover? Looks pretty fragile to me... I assume it’s the gear position sensor. Should I be trying to get it fixed or are all your bikes like it?

EBD4E3AB-D73E-479F-ACE2-20DEBB623F90.jpeg

2. I’d definitely move the nipple rubber around the other side and give the wires a little less stretch. Did this on my 959 and made the routing a lot neater. Obviously check for clearance once you have changed the direction and make sure you have full movement with QS and rod with good clearance. The wiring on theses bikes are appalling. Even the later stuff is poorly routed and frankly a mess:rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Looks like a oil leak above the shifter arm ?

4. I’d just washed it mate :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Mines like it too. I'll be having it off in a week or two to change the front sprocket so I'll try to remember to take a pic with the cover off
    PXL_20210407_142831285.jpg

6. Hmm, fair enough thanks

7. Here you go. Ignore the filth, was all hidden under the sprocket cover. I'd check whatever this sensor is. Mine was completely loose. Not just a little, but like the bolts had been forgotten about at assembly and was out about quarter of an inch. If this is a gear position sensor, could be the cause of my nightmare blipper issues?

PXL_20210506_193706357.jpg

8. just seen this mate, sorry the threads crossed. I’ll check mine also and report back. My issues aren’t really that it won’t back shift it’s that for anything other than backshifting with loads of brake on, it totally overrevs the bike and pushes it on

9. I get a bit of everything :joy:. If it resolves anything, I'll easily notice.

• Like Like x 1
  10. I’m actually tempted to buy a hm or trans logic for mine this year to remove the sloppy linkage, that’s how much I hate it on the road

11. Do they do one? I couldn't find any listed. If you find one, let me know

12. Hm do one mate. It’s silly really my 675r had a solid state trans logic as a factory option and the gearchange was better than the Panigale, no excuse really

0A9B2A52-3602-4BC1-9620-810083E90560.png

13. Gear position sensor

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. There are conflicting posts about swapping out for new. Some say it requires synchronising by the dealer using DDS. Others state they just swapped it out no problem. Hope the latter is true.

15. There is a re-learning procedure if the gear selection doesnt match what is displayed.
    I found a link to it on another site. You don't need the DDS to do it, just have to do a bunch of things with engine warmed up, then stopped but ignition still on.
    I've not tried it yet but have to change the sensor on one of my Multis soon, and its apparently the same procedure.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information