1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone Out In The Peak District?

Discussion in 'Rideouts & Events' started by saxman, Jul 16, 2021.

1. Looks like its going to be a good weekend weather wise, is anyone else going to be out in the Peak District this weekend?

2. I was out there yesterday and the roads were pretty busy tbh. I think I'll do N Wales on Sunday and hope for clearer roads. If I hadn't been over there just though I'd give it a go.

Stuart

• Like Like x 1
  3. I'm around usually but can't do this weekend unfortunately.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Went out for a couple of hours yesterday, thinking of heading out tomorrow morning for breakfast in Matlock and a run around the peaks.

• Like Like x 1
  5. I thought about it this morning but it’s too hot for leathers

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. i'm lucky enough to live local so early morning when it is still cool and the roads are clear is my favourite time. Second only to when England are playing in a final or there is a global pandemic.

7. Looks like me and some mates are doing the peaks and matlock tomorrow morning before it gets too warm and the traffic gets too heavy :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Well I'll be out if you see a corse v4 give us a wave

• Like Like x 1

9. Looks like myself Colin and a few of the lads are doing a Wales scoot tomoz Tez, ride safe and we’ll get out again soon

Stuart

• Like Like x 1
  10. I would have come along but I’d have had to be out all day so I’m doing an early run out to be back for a family bbq SWMBO has arranged for lunch/afternoon.

11. I was out for a while yesterday and I got out as early as possible to try and avoid searing heat and lots of traffic. I failed on both points. Followed someone on a lovely 1260 multi though for a bit and was quite happy listening to the boom of the twin.

As I live local I quite often do a loop around the cat'n'fiddle and through Longnor on a Saturday morning. So if anyone fancies meeting, just hit me up.

I'm still on my classic Triumph Street triple as my search for a Multistrada has been on the back burner recently.

12. Just done this route (Holmfirth/Flouch/Glossop/Chapel en le Frith/Bakewell/Matlock Bath - stopped for coffee/Baslow/Hathersage/Snake Pass/Glossop/Holme Moss/Holmfirth…….All in all 125 miles or so.) with my neighbours Dan (KTM 1290 SuperDuke) and Steve (BMW S1000R). And very brisk it was too!

3AC78070-76A1-4A15-8166-DF5304307652.jpeg

It was very very hot!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Did a similar loop but the opposite way around breakfast in Matlock at 10.

14. We were there around 9.30 and left at 10.20am (parked outside Kostas)

FE81AE5A-0E58-496F-A3AF-D0D074B3D1D8.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information