1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone Planning A Trip This Summer

Discussion in 'Touring' started by SP4S, Jul 4, 2019.

1. As per the title, anyone planning a trip abroad this summer from end of July to September? I’m a bit of a billy not mates in terms of biker friends.
    Sorry but I’m on a GS, hope this doesn’t put anyone off.

2. Anyone planning a trip to Spain Picos? or Southern France?

3. Alas not me, would love to but already have a weekend booked out for golf (and have paid!) and I rarely take any time off work ;)

4. I think you’ll find most the direct Spain crossings are full for bikes until October so would mean riding through France

We’re booked to go to Picos in October

It’s fun going on your Tod - just ask chiz ;p

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Not much of a plan.. currently between contracts and waiting for a couple of conversations to happen before i know when i maybe required for work. Mix of couple of little projects and some longer term stuff, also need to get a pass from the missus due to school holidays to see if i’m allowed a pass Probably means it will be a last minute adventure over 7-10 days. (Our mountain biking in the french alps this weekend and trying to avoid the annual Harley festival - thousands of leather waist coats descend on morzine this week

6. I have 2 trips planned
    4 august off to France staying with various friends who have places in France...Bordeaux, ardeche, Provence....then might come back or keep going.
    Mid October - ferry to Spain, ride through Spain, ferry to morocco 2 weeks morocco and then back

• Like Like x 2
  7. I am off in 2 days, looks like 4 days of rain is ready for me. Looking at Picos possiblly next year but may well fly ride

8. If you fancy coming to Morocco with me you are welcome.

9. Ha ha, there are a few Ducatis there too. I am working in Morzine all week and enjoy blasting past them on my 1098R.
    Many of the mountain bikers are equally as bell-endish tbf!

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. When you off to Morocco?

11. 2ndor 3rd week of October - big bday in first week so long hangover planned. Min 3 or maybe 4?weeks away though.

12. Do you have anything in mind?
    I'm off for 12 days at the end of August, unsure what to do
    Would like a trip away as the Belgium trip was cut short.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Hello mate.
    Just somewhere warm with good roads. I guess France especially the South is still warm that time of year. Really like the Italian lakes too. These are just few suggestions but I’m pretty open to other ideas.
    Inda

14. I'd be up for a trip if I had sponsorship!
    I'm a cracking photographer and can string the odd sentence together..
    I could document your adventures.. as long as they happened between 11 am and 1 pm ish...

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. You smooth talking bar steward:beer:;)

16. Yeah that could work.
    Wouldn't mind France Germany Austria
    You up for it @chizel

17. Never been to Germany. Been to nearly every country in Europe apart from there.

18. Germany is awesome. Been a few times.
    I'll look into stuff and let you know.

19. I’d recommend it.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information