1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1199 Anyone That Knows Someone That Can Paint The Fairings?

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by The Pearl - Paul, Apr 7, 2021.

1. Hi All,

As the topic says,

Anyone knows a decent painter that can spray a pair of race fairings ?

I'm looking to get mine painted,

main paint white with a little of metalic gray / a red strip and a bit of metalic black on the nose cone and a drop of Teal colour on the bely pan extension

Parts to paint are :

Nose cone
    two side fairings
    1 underbelly extension

Any help is much appreciated

I'll post my paint skills haha

this is the ideea

Thanks!

20201106_120509 front 2.jpg

test 1.jpg

20201104_202731.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  2. I’ve had three sets of OEM track fairings painted by Rob at Perfect Paints. Each time he’s done a fantastic job at a very reasonable price. His website lists him as being based in Derby but he has recently relocated to Essex. Highly recommended. Here’s his email address:
    [email protected]

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Is it a track bike? Don't fancy a wrap instead?

• Like Like x 1
  4. It's both tho, but mainly roads, i had the tank wrapped black but I don't fancy it really, I've got a quote from sublime wrap and it's 570 for the bike, I rather paint it on that price tho... and their wrap is not perfect tho

5. If mainly roads that's fair enough, I'd probably want something painted too.

• Like Like x 1

6. Thank you! I'll email him, I'm essex based too,
    How much it costed you roughly?

7. My other road fairings are painted and it's a ton of difference to wrap,

But on the race fairings I got the winglets that I've designed so I don't really want a wrap

IMG_20200814_174512_060.jpg

8. Looking at your design idea I think he’d be in the ballpark of what you’ve been quoted for a wrap.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. I'll 100% do that more than a wrap I've emailed him already

10. Hi bud,
    Any examples of your fairings?

11. Here’s a photo of the most recent set. Red base colour, white number boards painted on nose cone, side fairings, and tail - all with black pinstripe borders, gloss black detail to nose cone upper left and right, matte black extension to left and right side fairing lowers, applied various DUCATI decals and lacquered in. B84043F3-0390-452D-9C32-10655789907C.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  12. That's propperly done, lovely work!

I've spoken to him and provisionally quoted back around 600£ and that's spot on what you said,

I'm mega happy and thank you very much for the tip and help!

the only downside is that I have to wait until may to give him the fairings and it will take a month,

I'll suffer that but 100% going for it!

Thanks a lot mate!

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information