1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone Tried A Scorpion Exo-1400 Air Carbon Helmet?

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by Sicilian, Jan 21, 2022.

1. I was looking at this helmet yesterday, Scorpion Exo-1400 Air Carbon at local Sportsbikeshop.

Anyone have one? If so how do you find it? Seems a great lid for a low price. Reviews on it are excellent.

#1 Sicilian, Jan 21, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2022
  2. Looks good. My neighbour Dan has a Scorpion lid. He rates it. Not sure if it’s that model though.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Tried that one also, I found the Scorpion comfier on my head, looked a lovely helmet too though. Defo can tell the difference in weight compared to my Shoei Neotec 2.

4. I was stalking one of these last year, it had everything I wanted but i hated the visor and latch

5. I’m not sure about that either. I’ve bought one now, but before taking all the stickers off I’m going to try the latch with my winter and summer gloves.

6. Hey, Some reviews pointed out optic issues too, so give it a good check.
    BTW are you living in Sicily?

• Like Like x 1
  7. I've been using the EXO R1 Air for the last couple of years, great helmet and I've never had a problem with the latch, looks the same as what's on the 1400...

• Like Like x 1
  8. Thanks and no, North London born and bred :laughing:, parents originally from Sicilily.

9. Sicilily? Is that where you get piccalilli? :p

10. Oops typo :joy:

• Like Like x 1
  11. I have the not-carbon 1400 and it's been good. Suits my oval head shape (long front to back). Very similar to the fit of my Shoei GT-Air2.
    Never had issues with visor, aerodynamics, etc.

• Like Like x 1
  12. I’ve been playing around with this helmet, deciding if to keep it or not. Wasn’t sure on the size so popped back into sportsbikeshop, size I have is defo ok.

I’ve been trying the visor latch with thick winter gloves, no issues at all. Think this one is a keeper.

• Like Like x 1
  13. i have an Exo R1 , they come up a bit small but they are nice and light

• Like Like x 1
  14. I ended up returning this lid. Kept trying it on at home, just felt a bit tight. Was very tight getting it on and off. I’ve ended up exchanging for an AGV K5S. Feels much more comfortable.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  15. A lot of dealers would not accept it back, be interested in knowing where you got it from. I like the look of some of the AGV stuff and they get good reports, but I had one for 6 weeks and it whistled like a Stuka bomb

16. I returned it exactly as new, I didn't remove any of the labels from the visor etc....

Sportsbikeshop give you 30 days, but obviously goods have to be as new. All I did was try it on a few times at home. AGV K5S has had some real good reviews.

Don't get me wrong, the Scorpian seemed like an excellent lid, just didn't suit my head I think. It's one of the highest rated full face lids on sportsbikeshop.

17. I have one great Helmet looks great cost me £249 great price IMG-20210309-WA0008.jpg

Do Not Sell My Personal Information