1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

999 Anyone Want A 999r?

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by gliddofglood, Apr 6, 2017.

1. My garagiste is selling a couple of them for CHF 16000 each. Immaculate first hand examples with about 6k miles in the clock, entirely serviced and ready to roll. He supplied them and has always maintained them. They're in Switzerland but no doubt that wouldn't deter the keen. There's one on eBay at the moment for £18k making these look very good value. They cost a staggering CHF 50k each new!

• Like Like x 1
  2. That's aboot £12,767 each :)

3. Saw a 2003 999r with 3,500 mile sell via a dealer this week for £16,500. The bike was very clean and 99% standard.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Yes. It is!

5. duties and vat. will make it crazy expensive

6. About +£3000 minimum

7. Probably not according to government website:
    "If you’re importing a second-hand vehicle, you won’t have to pay VAT if all the following apply:
    • VAT has already been paid in any EU country including the UK
    • the vehicle has been in use for more than 6 months
    • the vehicle has done more that 6,000km (about 3,728 miles)"
    I think Switzerland counts as an EU country for VAT considerations. It would be simple to check.
    Vehicle is older than 6 months
    It has done more than 6'000 km (and if it hadn't, you'd make sure it had).

So probably little if anything to pay.

8. nope- they are not EU country for VAT . so 20% VAT plus i think 15% for duties?

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. I checked on the Gov web site :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Just had a chat with a Gov customs person.
    The answer is:
    20% VAT, but no duty (Switzerland has some special exemption).

11. Could I ask which dealer please.

12. grey frame one? i knew that people will see the light and realise that early grey frame ones are most desirable...
    been on mine out this morning . number 008

13. Yes - that's £2553 + shipping (+£3K) :Angelic:

14. Shipping? You'd get on an EasyJet to Geneva for about 70 quid and go and pick it up and ride it back enjoying your Swiss trip hugely!

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. Yes, these are the numbers I used but I also allowed for 1 x Swiss speeding fine silly :Finger:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Fair play. In that case, you're not far out!

17. Yes, some people are paying crazy money to hide those ugly grey frames into storage... All the nice red ones are out and about :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Plenty of common Red frames about yes :)

19. Italia Moto @ Lincoln

20. Thank you

Do Not Sell My Personal Information