1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anything Nurburgring Related Thread

Discussion in 'Trackdays & Rider Skills' started by doogalman, Feb 25, 2018.

1. Mods, couldn't decide where to put this but thought you will move it if need be.

Right, I live near the Ring and work there as an instructor in cars.
    20 years ago I first came here for TF on my bike with snow on the ground, have had a house here for 12 years and have thousands of laps experience.
    Long gone from the place is the stream of bike mags doing tests. But there is always a stream of brits venturing here for the track. Some come for tourist sessions on bike or in car. Some just curious about what they have read or seen on TV/youtube. Some pass thru on tours.
    So if you have any questions about the place/area please feel free to ask on this thread.
    We also have two guestrooms available
    https://www.ducatiforum.co.uk/threads/nurburgring-eifel-accomodation-offered.51764/

Maybe put up videos and other stuff that may be interesting.

Lets kick off with the fastest lap on a bike. My good mate Andy.

#1 doogalman, Feb 25, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2018
    • Like Like x 12
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  2. Thread moved :)

3. omg, he is throwing it around a bit, very entertaining, what sort of times do we have from forum members then ?

4. On a bike you’d need a calendar for mine. New found self preservation see’s me wobbling around that place at no speed.

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. I love the agressive riding style, not at all smooth but obviously working. We don't see any of this in MotoGP anymore sadly. This is exactly my kind of riding style, except I'd need to either add about 10 minutes, or bring a petrol strimmer to retrieve my bike from that far in the bushes!

6. that's fucken ballistic! Great stuff

7. As for times, i spent nearly all my time just lapping on my own. No videos or laptiming, but steady 8-30 down to lower 8's. But nowadays I rarely ride the track. For me I have been there and worn the t-shirt, gladly my time was prior to it becoming too busy.
    As for Andy's riding style he is clinically precise and calculated in everything he does with his bike. He spent weeks analysing every second of that video to eak out a tenth of a second gere and there to understand how he could go quicker. He never wanted a new bike to try and better his time. It was all about he and his beloved R1

• Like Like x 3
  8. The king of the ring
    Screenshot (81).png

• Like Like x 3
  9. That is very impressive! A group of us did the Ring on the way back from Italian MotoGP in 2006 and I don't recall going that fast lol. Faces hidden to protect the ugliness....sorry meant innocent ;)

IMG_0068....jpg

10. I love that video of Andy on his R1, incredible riding like that at the Nordschleife. I can't wait to get back there this year. We are there in the cars on 24th April with Circuit days as we figured it's getting a bit too crazy and manic on the public days now. I do however intend to get out on the bike as soon as the weather has warmed up and hopefully will get some nice evening sessions in.

• Like Like x 1
  11. I'm heading over May early bank holiday.

Reckon we should organise a forum outing there, regardless of whether you fancy a few laps, the roads in the eifel region are just incredible.

I'm always happy to make the trip

edit - Not necessarily for the early May bank holiday, theres a later one as well or I'm happy to go throughout the year. Im just going early may due to a previous arrangement I've got

#11 damodici, Feb 26, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. I'm always happy to meet up with fellow bikers. Good to put some faces to names.

13. Hoping to get over in the car in June with Simon

• Like Like x 1
  14. Where did you guys stay? Always interested in peoples feedback on places in-case someone asks me for recommendations.

15. Looking forward to the trackday, always a good atmosphere plus the whole straight is open for flying laps. Gonna be interesting to see how your swatting up on the track has gone since your last lap in the GT3

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. If anyone is interested in somewhere to stay, we have two guestrooms. I will put a link in the opening post of this thread.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Welcome...I met Andy at the TT a few years back....say hello "from the guy on the RSV4 that you made, look like he was pushing it over the mountain...." - i dont think ive ever been left behind so effortlessly!!

18. At least you can leave the waterproofs at home. Boy you lot used to cop the worst weather when you used to come out with the DSC crew.

19. Can I post my vid? the world hasn't seen it for at least 12hrs !

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  20. I will do. He was shown around by a mate, thoughts on sections he rode then equated to a 119mph lap. Not too shabby for an old 2004/5 R1.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information