1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Apache.....

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Andy800, Feb 13, 2019.

1. Spotted flying over my house, 2 Apache attack helicopters....
    Looked and sounded bad ass
    Twin turboshaft :upyeah:

IMG_3140.JPG

• Like Like x 5
  2. I just saw one going parallel to the M5 near Weston, looked pretty cool

• Like Like x 2
  3. Those babies are flipping ace. Awesome : o D

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Thread moved

• Like Like x 3
  5. M230 chain gun trained on thread.

Just in case.

• Like Like x 1
  6. We often get 2 of them over Leeds & sometimes 2 of them with 2 wirley gigs on top.

7. They were pretty low and close. I was a bit slow on getting the camera out.
    Love seeing stuff like this go over, the spitfire makes my summer when that flies past, I think the only thing that could pip the spitfire would be a Lanc

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Yep, that Chickenhawk is a great book!

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. upload_2019-2-13_18-18-15.png

• Like Like x 3
  10. I regularly work out of an office In Wellingborough and often see the pleasure local pleasure flights, spitfire & hurricane
    The sound makes is just awesome:)
    http://ultimatewarbirdflights.com/the-grace-spitfire/

• Like Like x 1
  11. I think I went to sywel year before last, something and props...

12. I live near RAF Benson and they now have 6 Chinooks and a few Merlins. Occasionally get a couple of Apaches for a change.

The "wop, wop, wop," of the Chinooks always conjures up images of them operating in Vietnam. Amazing that they are still in use after being introduced in the early 60's. Shame we don't still have Harriers as I understand the disastrous F-35 is now looking like it will only be able to fly for 25% of it's design service life. An expensive mistake and what could have been a great opportunity for British aviation if we'd made the next generation of the Harrier in collaboration with our allies.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. At least we have won the option to service our own F-35s, in Wales, instead of paying the Americans for this work.

• Useful Useful x 1
  14. Up here we regularly get military fly pasts, hercules , chinooks , jets of different kinds A 10s, the occasional Spitfire and Lancaster.
    They have the same flight path, down the valley over Derwent Dams, Hathersage, Calver, Baslow and over Chatsworth House, if you are on the hills either side of the valley you can be above the aircraft and see the crew, it always stops work.
    Steve

• Like Like x 1
  15. Now I'm envious. I have a framed picture of the Lanc over Derwent dam. I was lucky enough to do the tail down taxy in Just Jane. Been to see a few Lancasters throughout the commonwealth. I've just found the final crash site of my grandads Lancaster in Germany, hoping to head out there this year

• Like Like x 3
  16. I live on the north end of Salisbury Plain, get Apaches, Chinooks and other choppers over the house every week, some very low, they make the house rattle. I’ve watched apaches tree line hopping about 200m behind my house, scared the bejezus out of the cows, must have been at about 60 feet. Get Hercs and the odd fast jet too, in the last few months I’ve seen, Typhoons, F35’s and Tonkas ripping over the Plain, bloody marvellous!
    Took this pic a couple of years ago, Herc doing bump and run training at Keevil airfield, about 3 miles from home

912558A3-ADFD-434A-952C-43CE106BC049.jpeg

• Like Like x 5
  17. Oh lovely another westland affair with a new tory government. Just like how thatcher lied ..got to love how these people deal with genocidal dictators. Probably a bit too much reading for some so here's the brief.

Leaders lie even under oath & america supports genocide when it wants resources.

18. Love a Lanc. Managed to get up close to the Canadian one a couple of years ago after it had visited the U.K. Have some half decent Apache pics on my laptop that I’ll try to dig out.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  19. Great pictures, although the pilot could do with loosing a few pounds. :p

• Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information