1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Appreciation For The Forum Ratings System

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by Loz, Jul 2, 2020.

1. Hi Rob
    I hope life is treating you right and fairly.

I would just like to stress, I love the revised rating system we have on the Ducati Forum. The removal of Face Palms, Drama Queens and Craps has certainly resulted in a more harmonious and united forum. Many thanks for this.

I wonder, could you clear something up for me?
    What is the Nuke rating for? Are there any restrictions on its use? Under what circumstances may a post be legitimately "Nuked"? Is there a time when a Nuke cannot or must not be used? And finally, can anyone use the Nuke rating, or is its use restricted to particular kinds of users?

Once again, I thank you for running the kind of forum where lively discussion is conditionally encouraged and a wide range of certain kinds of opinion made most welcome.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Nuke Post Nuke Post x 3
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Thanks, Rob.

That seems clear!

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. The nuke exists as a legitimate option on the forum. Why would it's use be unacceptable? :thinkingface:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Lock Thread Lock Thread x 1
  4. I believe that Rob has amply demonstrated both that the Nuke is legitimate and may be used as necessary.

Follow Rob's lead and you won't go wrong!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Can people complain if they get nuked and it hurts their feelings (asking for a friend) ? ;)

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Why would anyone complain? That makes no sense.

It's not like you're fined if you get a nuke ...

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. being hurted could be worse than a fine ......

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. I agree.

Wait. Nukes *hurt*? What?

Hmm. There maybe something wrong with the Forum. Nukes have never caused me any pain or hurt.

I'll post a thread about it in a bit. I'd hate to think I'm missing out on the full forum experience!

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. I'm not sure if I've ever nuked anyone :thinkingface:

I must admit I feel a little aggrieved that'd I'd not used them more frequently before the forum became...........more woke :eyes:

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. Come to think of it I'm not sure I used many fact palms either :thinkingface:

Ffs, life's been passing me by : unamused:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. No need for Fact Palms here ………… :eyes:

12. Obviously :eyes:

I'd not want to encourage the use of, or show disappointment in their removal so not to inflict hurty hurty

This would be wrong, hurty hurty is wrong :upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  13. There is no hurty hurty here fellas, nanna and granpa root out all that offends! :forum_polizei:
    Still we can still have fun with intellectual cynicism, sarcasm and pedantry! Don't we @Loz :upyeah:

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. :poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::heart:

Am I missing something
    I can still Poop... is that different than Crap?

What I like most is that he seems to be breaking a sweat doing it.
    I think most of us have been there...

Rex

• Funny Funny x 4
  15. We could, if we knew what those things were! *thumbup*

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. Spend more time on it Loz and it'll arrive eventually :upyeah::upyeah::upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  17. Nukes confuse me ( A bit like pulling statues over.)

Could we perhaps have a card system like (apparently) they have in soccer -

if you give a "yellow" card, it's classed as a warning, and a "red" means you get fucked-off for the rest of the game (and sometimes a few games afterwards) ?

Come to think of it, that would just cause more confusion, so scrap that.

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. I probably get as much forum time as I am allowed.
    I'm only a lowly subscriber after all, not an upper echelon elite member of the establishment and Friend of "The Man".

• Funny Funny x 2
  19. While we’re on it, what’s Lock Thread do? Sweet FA as far as I can see:thinkingface:

Bring back the facepalm I say :upyeah:

20. Do you have evidence to back this up Loz?

I'd like to join the establishment (maybe become an echelon too) but unless there is a pathway, how would I know how to access the (undoubtedly) unfettered privileges such echelons might accrue?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information