1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aprilia Caponord

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Wayne58, May 29, 2018.

1. Does anyone on here own or have maybe have previously owned the 1200 Caponord ?? Last night, a mate on shift has decided he's too old and too cramped on the current bike so wants to change for the Capo. We did discuss at some length why he would prefer it the Multi, and it basically came down to being able to get a 1 year old Capo for about 9-10k, which of course you won't get a Multi for. So does anyone know of the common issues or faults etc etc before he takes the plunge ? We are driving up to Didcot this week to look at one for sale he likes, so I said it wouldn't hurt to ask the question on here as you blokes have or have had various models of bikes. He is also looking on the Caponord forum for any snippets to. Any help much appreciated, cheers in advance.

2. I had one for a couple of years liked it very much totally reliable

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. 1. It's an Aprilia
    2. It's a Caponord

HTH :)

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. Thanks mate, will pass that on tonight on shift. :upyeah:

5. 2 very valid points, well done ET, will pass this on also. :rolleyes:

6. I've never heard of these. I quite like the look of them. :)

caponord_rally_safari_grey.jpg

7. You would do well to swap the moped for one :thinkingface:

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. :thinkingface:

9. :thinkingface:

10. Actually they've had very good reviews in the bike press over the years. And are deemed to give VFM. :)

• Useful Useful x 1
  11. I think thats a rally version ? I don't think Aprilia make them anymore, as their website don't list them, but there are rumours of a V4 version coming ?? My mate would like a non rally between 2014-2017 ? But they are few and far between so far.

12. Do they still make them?

• Like Like x 1
  13. Just this second cancelled Didcot, as premier bikes have sold theirs......I reckon he may end up on a Multi as these bikes are just not often up for sale??

14. I think 2017 was the last ??

15. LOL Wayne must have posted that same time as you, I fancied one, but were too big for me.

• Like Like x 1
  16. I know someone who's got one. As reliable as anything out there (they're not like the V4 Tuonos). Engine generally considered very capable if not quite as inspiring as a Ducati or KTM V-twin and they're not the prettiest adventure bike out there, though TBF perhaps more non-descript than ugly.
    Build and finish quality is very good and the suspension is superb, one of the best semi-active systems going. MCN described it as class-leading in 2016. They are also supremely comfortable. It is said the Caponord was the comfort standard BMW aimed to match when they brought out the latest generation L/C 1200 GS. Its not a sports bike on stilts like a Multi or a big KTM but in terms of quality, seriousness of purpose, comfort and performance, a V-twin version of a 1200GS is probably a good description.

17. I had one many years ago. Engine was bullet proof, a detuned mille engine I think. It was totally reliable and took me all over Europe in comfort. I only sold it because it wasn’t exciting enough.

Mates nicknamed it “Camp”onord of course.

18. Craponod, surely.

• Useful Useful x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information