1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aprilia Rs 660

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Harry Bell, Sep 24, 2020.

1. Is this going ro be the RS 250 successor, looks good in the pictures and specs?

I'd always fancied an RS 250 but getting a good one at a good price may now be difficult so a 660 in a couple of years after PCP may be a good option :D

2. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 9
  3. They look great

• Agree Agree x 5
  4. I’m interested. Now I’m riding much less I have been looking at an RS250 as a lightweight garage queen, but this could tick the boxes.

Although I was really hoping for a 800cc V4 with a little more power.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. When are these out?

6. Just seen mcn article they are in production next month ...it’s online but god knows how to put a link on, if someone can it’s worth a read although usual factory riders bs about how good it is like they can say anything else

813784ED-B9FB-43F9-A769-583A35234F7D.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  7. Was due in the summer but it’s been pushed back. Later this year or early 2021 from what I’ve read.

More importantly, what does it sound like. The start up on the Aprilia teaser sounds great.

You know there will be an R variant around the next corner with more power and Ohlins, but if the price is right I’ll sill possibly reach for the launch model. I’m considering this or another Tuono as a garage queen and very occasional track tool - opposite ends of the spectrum or what..

• Like Like x 2
  8. They are using this same engine in different types of bikes including adventure type bike I believe

Also two variants of the rs 660 to allow new riders to use them

9. Yes, I saw averts for a Touareg 660 so it should be an easy engine to keep going - but will it be as good as the RS 250 for us misty eyed old codgers with memories of a teenage Rossi :D

10. The K4 GSXR 600 I had was the same power to weight ratio, it was 15 years ago but that bike was no slouch. Really interested to see how how the power feels coming from a parallel twin.

My RS125 got me into bikes and I still get hot around the collar at the site of an RS250. Great that Aprilia are bringing out a modern equivalent, as above, let’s hope it lives up to its predecessor. Clearly it’s not going to rev like a 2 stroke but let’s hope it enjoys being revved out.

#10 Jimmy899, Sep 30, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Nostalgia is all good until it sits broken in the garage, if money no object we would all have a race rep 2 stroke sat around but in my opinion this 660 has the looks that will make you keep looking at it and all the modern aids to go quick and safe ish...when I look at the 660 I see character too it’s not totally space age with wings it looks like a racing motorcycle I can relate to I can see an older race bike in it too and yes probably the awesome colours help with that....if it goes as good as it looks and is as good as it looks I’m interested depending on seat height and relative comfort oh and price ...I had an rs 250 utterly wonderful bike but this 660 looks better in my opinion and will definitely be more sensible purchase to use whenever you want use it ...rs 250 top end rebuild at 10,000 from memory plus the usual 2 stroke nurturing and cuddling...no thank you my life too short and want things to work and I like manufacturer warranties 2 strokes are occasional use bikes now generally yes I know there are exceptions and I understand the appeal and enjoyment of tinkering to some....I’m really hoping this 660 lives up to the hype and more.

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. Completely agree, I always liked the RS 250 but never had one and now it would be a toy which would likely be unreliable due to lack of use, the 660 got my interest up right away as a modern 250 iteration, well done to aprilia for that :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Nah this misty eyed old codger thinks it can't replace a sweet smelling rock oil burning rs250 but I'm very misty eyed :eyes: it does look very tasty though o_O

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. I'm gonna strap the leaf blower to the back, that'll sort the 2 stroke reek :upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Someone ask for ohlins??
    Screenshot_20201001-215250.png

• Like Like x 3
  16. I had an RS 250 in the mid 90's. Ohh so pretty but Proper bonkers.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. That’s the prototype. The forks look like the KYB on the production model, but the rear shock has a piggy back unlike the production bike. You know there’s going to be an R type model with Ohlins and hopefully a few more ponies.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  18. The Swedes are running a 660 cup similar to our Ducati Trioptions. Discounted bike purchase when you sign up for it.
    Nice promo work from Aprilia. Wonder if we will get owt here.

19. Looks like it’s been covered in super glue and used in a ram raid at Halfords

• Funny Funny x 3
  20. Never understood why people high polish/chrome effect the frame and swing arm, and the brightly painted engine block really doesn’t look good...

Do Not Sell My Personal Information