1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aprilia Rs660 Is Equivalent To ....?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by PerryL, Jun 21, 2021.

1. In my boring thread, I have come to the conclusion that I'll buy either the Aprilia RS660 or a Kawasaki ZX-6R, when I get my license back, when my leg is strong enough, when my case is settled, etc, etc, etc.

I want a fully-faired bike and no naked. I think that the nearest Ducati is the Supersport, that is £2k more than the Aprilia The Supersport S is a madder 4k more than the Aprilia.

I don't think that I've missed anything with the Ducati £2k more than the Aprilia because?

2. Dealerships network, parts availability and resale value are all factors that have an impact, financial & otherwise.

Is it the massive swing arm Aprilia bike you are thinking of?

3. Yes. My conclusion was that I can't se it as I'm riding along. Therefore, I do not GAF! Never mentioned in the reviews either. I'm going to look at one on Friday (if in stock) and the Kawasaki. I can almost guarantee that something else will catch my eye. I would go to Riders to look at the Supersport but having trouble getting my head around the price.

As whatever it is will be a keeper, I do not GAF about holding value, resale price, or any of that stiff. Could be the last ever bike that I buy, if I don't give in to the electric crap, so doubt that it will ever be sold!

4. On dealership network: my two nearest bike dealers are both Aprilia dealers. For me, Aprilia are better than the Ducati network.

5. If you dont give a rats ass about "holding value, resale price, or any of that stuff" why not just get it on a PCP deal, and keep any compensation you get in the bank, when you get it.

6. Depends what you’re after. The Zx6 will blow the wheels off of a 660 in terms of performance.

660 is like a sporty shopping bike. Zx6 is a 600 super sports screamer with probably another 30 odd bhp and around the same weight.

Hard to compare the two tbh

7. This must be your tenth final decision……….

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. Its one of the things I like about you, you're a master of the understatement.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. If you have the cash, what's the advantage of going PCP?

10. Retaining the cash?

Depending on the PCP conditions, having the bike for 3 years may be better/ enough for many and a similar cost. This can be especially true when the main design element is due to change.

11. I'd probably give the Aprilia RS660 a wide birth at the moment due to reliability problems. A lot and I mean a lot are having electronic spaz attacks!!

A guy who works for me bought one recently from new, rode it 3 times, broke down 3 times, was collected by the AA 3 times, was returned to the dealer 3 times and has had multiple software updates, recalls and a new ECU and it's still fooked! Money back please sir and I'm going to buy a Pani V2!!

• Useful Useful x 1
  12. It's funny as there is always one... for example I've had my Panigale V2 2 years, done 2k miles, and it's broken down 4 times...... yet they aren't all like it, I know they aren't

13. 4 times :astonished:

If this was a competition then you would have won 1st prize!

14. sounds like my gen 3 bmw. That was forever breaking down :laughing:

15. Thought the SS was the way to go P :thinkingface::grinning:

16. Don’t encourage his lack of decisiveness please Duckie we already have 10 threads going on this. It’s time to open a book £5 per entrant on what Perry will actually purchase should his licence be re instated.:D

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. My Fiver is on the Ducati SS.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Perry has lost his license?

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. In fairness, none left me on the side of the road but by luck not design! Shorts in the wiring, meaning when wet all the indicators etc turned on on their own, fault right hand switch gear (two dealer trips). And now headlights have failed

20. They are very different. I haven't checked the figures but I think that the ZX-6R is a fair bit heavier, but kicks the Aprilia's ass on power - 99 against 130-odd bhp, or something like.

#20 PerryL, Jun 21, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2021
Do Not Sell My Personal Information