1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aprilia Rsv4 1100 Factory - Anodising Wheels

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by tcrofty7, Jun 24, 2021.

1. I'm considering changing the colour of my wheels. Ideally I would like to change them to gold, similar to the OEM factory wheels of the RSV 1000.

I was told (on good authority) that the RSV 1000 wheels were anodised so I'm looking for somewhere in the UK, ideally near to Lincoln (not an issue if not), where I can get my wheels stripped, prepped and anodised.

Any suggestions/advice?

20210502_083652.jpg

As.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  2. I’ve got a rattle can in the garage

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. You're injured so you'd just fuck it up!!

• Funny Funny x 1

4. I’d fuck it up anyway tbf

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Any place that can do anodise and have a tank big enough can do that for you. You have to remove all non Aluminium parts as they dip the whole wheel in acid to prep and then in the anodise tank. The acid takes off the same amount the anodise puts back on so bearing seats aren't a issue.
    I don't know if any wheels were anodised as standard, could be of course but I'm not so sure. The finish and colour depends very much on the type of aluminium. In my experience, the purer the aluminium the brighter the colour. So gold on a Al Mg 5 is very bright where on a 7075 aircraft spec material it isn't bright at all. I tried some cast carburettor many moons ago and it came out all brown and horrible.
    Can it be done to wheels? Yes.
    Is it giving the bight gold finish of the wheels in your picture? Doubtful in my experience.

• Useful Useful x 3
  6. Don’t talk about yr gf like that.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. How about Cerakote? Anodising that sort of size and shape may not cover evenly enough (I had some issues getting some disc carriers done and they couldn't get an even coat with gold).

Have a chat with Wesley at https://www.hi-speccoatings.co.uk/. No harm in chatting.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information