1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aprilia Rsv4 Or 899 For Track?

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by nath, Apr 23, 2017.

1. Has anyone spent time riding the Aprilia RSV4 (post 2012)? I'm considering getting either one of those or an 899 for the track and some road riding. I previously owned an 899 and loved it but have no experience with the RSV4 other than hearing good things about it and watching reviews etc. I currently own an 1199s but I want to keep this pristine so won't risk it on the track.

If anyone has ridden both the RSV4 and the 899 I'd be keen to hear your views.

Thanks in advance,

Nath

2. Stating the obvious but completely different bikes? Just a big bike/small bike decision really isn't it? Wouldn't an RSV4 be about the same as an 1199? Also worth considering a base model 1199 perhaps and stick some better suspension on it?? Then you have easier maintenance having both the same bikes and some spare wheels if you need them.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Well yeah they are different but that's why I was asking if anyone had ridden them both. There are RSV4's knocking about for 9k which is similar to 899 money but a base 1199 is around 11k.

Good point about having 2 1199's for the maintanence benifits but 9k is really my limit for the 2nd bike. Although 2 1199's would look wicked in the garage

4. I was on an RSV4, now on a 959. The RSV4 was a little too short for me from the back of the seat to the clip-ons. I'm 6'1" and it was at the very limit that I could stand. Other than that it's a brilliant bike.

5. thanks for the reply. I've ridden the 959, loved it! I'd get a test ride on the RSV4 if I could which would put the matter to bed but that's easier said than done these days! Especially on a 2nd hand bike.

6. You're looking at a track bike so you can knock a few grand off of the price, I reckon you'd get a base model for that no problem , possibly with uprated suspension.

7. I'd still want it road legal so not a fully converted track bike. I need to ride it to the track and back as I don't have a van to chuck it in :tired:

8. I still dont think it's an issue, you just need to wait for the right one to come along and there's a fair few Panis out there these days. Look at it this way I have a 2014 1199S that's coming to the end of it's PCP finance in September. I think the balloon payment is £10-12k (might be slightly out but you get the idea). It's got 10k miles on it and I was toying with selling it before hand for what it owes on the finance to make some space in the garage. Someone in the same situation with a base model is going to be looking to sell at your budget. I've got a new BMWS1000RR which is my road bike but I'm seriously considering selling that and keeping the 1199S as I prefer riding the Panigales.

9. I'll keep my eyes peeled for an 1199 under 10k.

I agree with you there, I've had a few rides on the S1000RR, lovely bike but it doesn't have the drama of the panigales. Plus it has a wonky eye

10. Buy an R6 and a van.

• Like Like x 1
  11. R6 is a GREAT trackbike.

12. It's settled then.

13. Test rode a hypermotard while my panigale was in for new tyres on Tuesday so I've gone for a hyper 821 SP instead, picking it up tomorrow, can't wait! Thanks for the input though :grinning:

• Like Like x 1
  14. WTF?! Not much different then LOL

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Yeah I know haha, massive impulse buy but I loved it, so much fun!

• Like Like x 1
  16. Which is the point :)

And probably why I will buy a Tuono V4 ;)

17. Nice, they are well nice! I do love the V4 sound, hence my interest in the RSV4. It looks like Ducati are heading that way for road bikes, or at to east the panigale replacement so I've heard. That'll be interesting and probably cost me a few quid!

18. I have a very big soft spot for rsv4's

I'm considering one as a track bike myself

That sound!

19. Yeah they sound epic! But know I have 2 ducatis and I'm skint so I can't think above an RSV4 anymore lol

20. RSV4 best sounding bike I have ever heard. I had the RF model but didn't get on with it, I was a couple of seconds a lap quicker on the pani.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information