1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aprilia Tuono V4

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by ducv2, Sep 16, 2018.

1. Anyone got one, if so what do you think?
    I am prevaricating between one of them, R1M, 1299S, or KTM 1290.
    I know that the list seems a bit strange but am after something 'interesting'
    Thanks for any input.

2. Great bike, shite dealer network unfortunately and has been for as long as I can remember

3. Which what mostly out me off. I could solve the seat height issue easy enough: I couldn’t solve having to travel miles to a dealer that may not be threre in 12m

And that was the same with KTM

4. To be fair ktm dealers, especially near me anyway, have been around and very successful since I first started back riding bikes, probably way before then too. Redline KTM in Loughborough are frankly superb and they've been going since 1991

If anything my two most reliable and well supported brands in terms of dealer locations and great service are KTM and Bmw.

Ducati is a little different, unfortunately the more local dealers to me I dont find that friendly, or perhaps I mean down to earth, the caveat being nelly at Cornerspeed as he's ace (but not a dealer)

Aprilias do need a good service guy, there's lots of independents so I guess it depends on their connection to the factory as parts do take a while on occasion.

Still reckon I'd have another Tuono, but at my size I must admit the Superduke is by far the roomiest and the s1000r was also pretty comfy when I put on the higher comfort seat for legroom.

5. I got a Tuono about 3 months ago, fantastic bike, bought it to replace my multistrada. Only one gripe the Oem QS is shit, I need to get it replaced.

6. True, you rarely hear of a kit, dealer going out of business unless multi franchise

7. I’ve had both the 2015 and the 2017 Factory models, awesome machine. I recently chopped mine in for a 1299 as I felt if I didn’t get one soon I never will as my body is wearing out.
    In my opinion the Tuono Factory is the best road bike out there, so easy to ride, handles like a dream and goes like f###!
    The only negatives are the nagging long term reliability issues and the price.
    If you test ride one you will love it.
    Nothing makes you smile as much as a Ducati though.

8. Had the Tuono V4 1100 from new, absolutely stunning machine. Unfortunately I sold it due to reliability issues.

I’m now on a SuperDuke, which is also an amazing motorcycle. For me the Tuono just wins on track and the SuperDuke is the better road bike.

The Tuono has that turbine like V4 and is basically and RSV4 with bars. The SuperDuke is more ergonomically friendly, and may not be quite as razor sharp on track, but on road the thumping twin and supermoto characteristics make it a more exiting proposition. The V twin also feels like it will keep on going beyond 50k whilst the V4 is much more fragile.

I would have a Tuono as a second bike or if I was just doing a few thousand miles per year. They actually compliment each other very well and would make great stablemates.

• Useful Useful x 1
  9. Strange id say my retro fitted factory qs is the best ive used...RSV4 though...having said that ive got a modded ecu though...

10. My RSV4 quickshifter is the best I've had to date is it the same unit on the Tuono?

11. My 2015 TV4 had a good QS and the 2017 I road on track was also good. From my experience a poor QS can usually by cured by an update from the dealer.

12. Yeah I got a 2016 Tuono Factory, slightly hesitant due to hearing about questionable reliability. Traded my 899 for it
    An awesome bike that never missed a beat, only time I needed to contact the dealer was for it's service.
    Traded it in earlier this year for 2018 Tuono Factory, again it's been spot-on and there's just nothing as good out there to me. Highly recommended :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. They sound amazing, cant say about the v4110 but, took test ride on a standard v4 1000.
    My thoughts, sounded great (see above) quickshifter nice... taut chassis, be good on track. Downsides, no faster than a heavily tuned Gen 2 Fazer thou, which disappointed me, suspension too firm for our roads, more race track stiff. Fun. Lots of fun. Fuel, lots of fuel! A rough calculation of what was used on the test ride = sub 30mpg.

The later 1100 factory version is the one to go for having talked to owner/riders.

• Useful Useful x 1
  14. Regarding my QS, I will contact my dealer and see if there is an update for it ?, its quite lumpy and not very smooth unless your pinning it !!

15. It "should" adjust depending on the revs....pretty sure mine does as its pretty smooth....i guess if it wasnt my gearbox would be toast by now (been fitted for a few years)

16. It only really works well at high revs, which I don't want to be doing all the time as I wont have a licence. I need more time on it to see if I can sort something out. Havent been on it much lately.:(

17. Mine does have a minimum shift speed (i think its 5 or 6k or something like that) - not sure if the newer ones are any different though....

18. I doubt I will be using mine much except on hard acceleration, and I’ll just clutchless shift instead.

Down-shift blipped tho will probably use all the time.

19. No, still the same. My dealer told me try and not use the QS below about 6k revs

20. I own a 2018 Factory and it’s been faultless. The QS has been flawless and with the Aprilia “Race Map” and end Akra can it sounds glorious on both up and downshifts. The owner manual states the QS should be used at 3.5k revs and above.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information