1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aprilia Tuono V4r

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by PerryL, Mar 30, 2021.

1. Anyone ever had one and what's it like? have zero experience of Aprilia, nor do I know anyone that has. This fits my requirements, though. Local dealer, used, and 7k.
    upload_2021-3-30_15-19-56.png

2. And should wheeelie!!!!

3. What year is it? I think prior to 2014 they had issues.. maybe with the valve train? I can't remember exactly.

I reckon they are mint. I like the styling (though not in that color); they have 170bhp and even that generation has good electronics. Throw a leg over one and see what you think...

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Mental wheelie machine.
    And test riding both back to back, crazier than a KTM....:astonished:

5. Had an 1100 Factory on loan when I had the MV serviced a few years back. Handled as if on rails and opening the throttle in any of the lower gears lifts the front wheel. Licence shredder save for the fairing which should contain exuberant riding to the occasional outburst.

#5 Bumpkin, Apr 5, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2021
  6. I had a 2016 Factory V4 1100. Brilliant road bike, should've kept it actually!

7. I have a 2017 Factory.. Its a riot, the noise is addictive. Toying with changing to the new model next year or going for the very late 2020 model. Either way I'm having another.

8. I’ve been following Aprilia closely for a few years, been on the fence about buying an RSV4 since I rode one in 2018, haven’t quite pulled the trigger yet. The 1100 from what I can tell is pretty solid, there were a couple of updates to valve train gear to toughen them up.

what I would do with any used Aprilia is get it up to Griff at AP workshops for a full service as soon as I got it, to be absolutely confident.

9. My bro is on his second one. Great bikes, I love riding it when we occasionally swap.

If I was currently in the market for another bike that would probably be it.

10. Aprilia's are great and you'll hear some bad stories about engines and stuff but if they're well serviced and looked after you'll be ok. Try and go for something after 2014 and go for a factory model.

If your budget could stretch i'd go for the 1100 with all the elctronics. They shouldn't be that much more expensive because of the way Aprilia price their bikes!!

I have the RSV4 1100 factory and i love it. Many of the Tuono riders prefer theirs over mine for comfort as they still get the amazing soundtrack and looks.

11. Ive got an old 2009/2010 RSV4 factory which ive owned for 10 years + (the one that explodes with no electronics) of the 3 bikes i own its the one ive spent the least on and still (i think) looks immaculate.

• Like Like x 1
  12. My 2020 tuono factory model is being delivered tomorrow, can and upmap sounds amazing .

• Like Like x 2
  13. That V4 sound is out of this world isn't it?

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Absolutely awesome the pops and bangs are incredible

15. Saw several track/race motors with dropped valves pass through the workshop when I was spannering at an Aprilia franchise in Sweden.
    Damage was usually enough to make sourcing another motor the most economical repair when weighing up labour costs.
    Believe new gen parts came in in the last few yrs including different valve springs, but am personally still quite wary of buying one to thrash.
    As a positive, they are a really easy bike to change a motor on.

16. I believe the 1100 is sorted , anyway the warranty should give you peace of mind

17. Thanks for the feedback.

The reason that I am looking at Aprilia is my nearest bike shop is an Aprilia dealer (Frasers of Gloucester) and although I intend to look after it myself, it won't hurt to have a dealer nearby for buying spares and doing any servicing or warranty work, if required. I intend to buy second-hand and spend between 4 and 8k, or maybe a bit more if something comes up that really appeals Nothing in the Ducati range really works for me, with the exception of a Supersport, if a used one was to come up at the right time. If it was to be Aprilia, then the actual model would depend upon what was around at the right time. There isn't an Aprilia model that I don't like.

The only thing that I am sure on is that it will be an Aprilia or Ducati of some description. It will have 17" front and back wheels. I don't need to worry about range or luggage carrying potential as I am keeping my Ducati ST2 and ST3. I am just looking for fun (and wheelie potential). And as I have a tank bag and tail pack, it could be roped into short tours, anyway.

#17 PerryL, Apr 6, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2021
  18. Its one of the main reasons i keep mine...even after 10 years of ownership opening up a V4 with a full system is unbeatable.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Given that this is not in the price range of my search but Autotrader like riling me up - interested in people's opinions - which I may well ignore. Given the choice of the Aprilia above or this, what would you choose? It is all theory as I am not in a position to buy yet (no money, no driving license, no kit, and a bit more leg fixing to do)....

Do Not Sell My Personal Information