1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aprillia And Ktm

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Cream_Revenge, Nov 4, 2017.

1. Now, I'm not saying they ain't good bikes. Maybe even better than Ducati. But my God. They really are fucking ugly.

Just my opinion.

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. I like this one, from the side profile anyway, but with you on the Aprillia front!
    0D9B2845-2F75-43E5-BC5E-DAF9C0DF12EC.jpeg

3. Looks like meccano

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. I used to love meccano, takes me back to when I was a kid, that probably why :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Better than a Lego Monster then :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. A man's bike. Its not for girls.
    Only the best people have them.
    [​IMG]

Fortunately they look very good from the back which is all 996 riders will ever see of them.:D

#6 Gimlet, Nov 4, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. The new 790 Duke will be deeply lovely if it looks like this. But it won't. It'll have been properly Euroed.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  8. Tuono a bad looking bike?

9. I like the Tuonos but I wish you could get the Factory in plain blue like the standard 1100 which I think looks fab. Not keen on lots of graphics and wannabe racer stickers everywhere.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Be scared Panigales, be very scared..
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. There is so much I like about that SDR but I find the headlamp unit, I don't know, wrong scale or something. Like it's got a shrunken head. Mind you I grew to like the 999 so I think I'm capable of growing to like anything. :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Mate, that's convinced me to bin the Duke and buy a super Duke.... ;)

• Like Like x 1
  13. The light has grown on me. Looks evil. Still not entirely sure about the one on the new 1290 Adventures but they do actually work at night.. Superbly. There's a lot to be said for that.

14. In white and orange :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Different strokes different folks and all that.

Me, I like em all.

The Superduke 1290 (MKI & MkII) both look aggressive and I love the frame.

Tuono front end has got better in the newer models as it's slightly wider but it's the stubby rsv4 back end I like to see on the Tuono

The Monster has a more classic old school look which I still appreciate.

Currently own the Superduke SE and can't really think of a single complaint about it now I've sorted the suspension.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Did you upgrade the suspension in the end @damodici or just fine tune the settings?
    I'm going to move the handlebars to their most forward position on mine to put more weight on the front. I had resisted doing that because I liked the relaxed riding position but I've got an 1190 Adv for that now and the 1190 does show up how short the reach is to the bars on the SDR as well. More reach would be good.

I don't think the Monster's original style survived the move to water cooling. The old air-cooled Monsters still look good, especially the 1100 Evo but the current ones don't hang together in the same way for me.

#16 Gimlet, Nov 5, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2017
  17. Yes. Its a shame they've dropped the original orange colour scheme. I do like the all-black look and if its going to be black give it the full stealth treatment IMO. It doesn't need an orange frame. The original tango should still be an option though.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Hi @Gimlet

No haven't changed the suspension, after having about 3 sessions with 100% Suspension during the Donington track day I reckon it's about where I want it for now. I'll just back off the compression a click or two for road but leave the rebound where it is.

It felt like it became more composed as the sessions went on and definitely more settled in the longer corners.

FYI before doing the track day I moved my handle bars forward to the furthest position so that may have also had a positive effect.

19. Cool. I've added a couple of clicks of compression both ends to mine from where Lacelab suspension had it set but I haven't altered preload and sag. I still feel it could do with another mm at the back but he added quite a lot to get it where it is now. Altering the riding position with the handlebars might be all it needs.

20. It doesn't immediately feel that much more of a stretch but I'd say it's about 15-20mm further forward.

That should definitely help lean over the front end more when giving it a whack of throttle, seemed to calm it down a little for me anyway

Do Not Sell My Personal Information