1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aragon Wsbk # Spoiler #

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by Wassy, Apr 6, 2019.

1. Wsbk returns to Europe.
    Bautista looks fast again and Laverty getting to grips with the V4. Chaz still struggling.

2. I know I’ve said this already... but mega impressed with that bmw which is on a superstock spec motor apparently.

Loosing 6 tenths down one straight alone and still 3rd fastest

3. Sykes was eight tenths up at the third split on his superpole lap but ran wide. He’s definitely got his mojo back and the bike looks good.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Going to be interesting to see how Rae gets through the pack

Cortese showing that MGP quality again too

5. 15 seconds in front for Bautista after race one. That is some margin. Seven races on the bounce. Loving the fact Ducati are back to their winning form. Just hope it doesn't turn into their version of the Jonathan Rea show and he is too dominant, as I would much rather see closer racing. Great to see Chaz on the podium as well.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Great race for second, just wish they would stop bank[going on about the Ducati speed on every f*cking bit of straight. Chas didn’t reel that yam or kwak in that easily, sure maybe a few clicks quicker but Bautista is simply just faster than anyone on to the straight and makes the most of the top end.

What a ride by Sykes!!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Bautista is running very high corner speed. Early on the brakes and running the corner bit 600 ish.

Seems to work on the new bike

8. Reminds me of CSS: early on brakes straight line, set speed, turn, open gas before apex.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Very impressive, almost comedy dominance from Bautista; simply another level. As said Tom Sykes is looking great on the BMW. Really gutted for Laverty going down on the last lap but I bet he's chuffed that they've finally made the jump up to the top level.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Only seen a couple of races this season,but could Bautista be the first rider in WSB history to get a full house this year:thinkingface:

11. Ive been checking the Bookies to see the odds on how many seconds Bautista will win each race :p

• Like Like x 1
  12. God's devine intervention with a race number like that for the 2019 season:upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  13. Good to see Chaz back in the fight.
    Good racing...for second place!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Some good racing today but I wish the commentators would stop blathering on about the Ducati speed advantage. Not much in it speed wise between Davies and Rea’s bikes as far as I could see.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Yep, funny how Chaz couldn't tell in 10 bike lengths on that straight, and only if he was within 3 or 4 (slipsteak territory) could he get past. Exactly like Lowes against the Kawasaki

16. I cant remember anyone going on about Reas advantage on the Kwak for all his years of dominating....

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Pretty sure they did. The kwak had its revs cut a few times from memory. Even in Tom Sykes's day. However I may be wrong.

Batty is too quick. 5 or 6s then fair enough. But hes romping away. The bike needs a rev cut or the others need a rev gain. Whatever. Batty is good, but not that good otherwise he'd be in Dovi's seat. Plus I dont think hes that much a better rider than Johnny. Not 15-20s better. The way JR cuts thru the field is amazing.

Anyways a "35k" prototype v a 18k road bike.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Think it's all pretty interesting, Chaz and Eugene aren't making the bike look quick down the straights which makes it look like it's about weight as well as it's speed. Also I don't think they will rev cap based on the points ahain because Chaz hasn't been up there that much.

Kawasaki/Yamaha are simply going to need to raise the game, or WSBK are going to have to bring the price cap down to nearer £25k to stop it being viable for the manufacturers to develop such special homologation bikes. Or even ban the use of titanium rods etc, something that will fundementally cap the rev limit that a production engine can endure.

19. Don't believe everything you read or what Rea says. As a member of the public, you cannot buy the ZX10 homologation special which now has titanium con rods for a higher rev capability to claw back some of the Kawasaki's penalty rev reduction. And if you could buy it, it would cost significantly more than £18k. Homologation rules require 500 bikes to be assembled by the end of the second year of racing, Ducati are rumoured to have taken deposits for 1500 V4Rs. Kawasaki just don't have the manufacturing balls to put a race bike in the public market place. Andy

Do Not Sell My Personal Information