1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Arai Officiandos

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by Wull, Dec 19, 2018.

1. Is anyone clued up on Arai helmets? I’m in the process of asking Arai as well.

I’ve got the Arai RX7-GP and I’m needing replacement cheek pads.

On the website (visorshop) they have two separate listings for the GP, one is for the GP and Quantum and it states for helmet year 2009-2011

The other listing is for the GP and Quantum ST and that also states 2009-2011

My helmet is stamped 02/12 so I’m not entirely sure if it’ll fit, when did they stop making the GP? There is no listings that state later than 2011.

Thanks

2. Could have a guess but the best bet is to ask the experts :)

These dudes really know their stuff and although I've never bought a lid from them they've always been super helpful and knowledgeable with Arai spares. They'll know and will be able to advise. What you might find though is that as your helmet is coming up for seven years old you'll be in for the lecture about EPF degradation etc. I think that you'll be unlikely not to hear "it's a very old hat".

Good luck! :)

3. Better not tell them the age of my other helmets then lol! Tbh I’ve crashed in a few, back in 2013 I came off at high speeds and the impact the helmet took was a big one, that was an older helmet, can’t remember exactly. Arai something another, worked a treat.

4. I think a lot of it is that Arai are hugely conservative about the life expectancy of their hats. I dare say that if you wear a lot of hair products or have a very greasy scalp you might degrade the EPF... I dunno.

5. I’ve fired across an email, see what the deal is. I think I’m needing 30mm cheek pads. They stock cheek pads for older helmets so I can’t imagine I’ll get that much of a lecture on it.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Don't the pads themselves have ref/part numbers on them?

7. Apparently it’s to do with the 2 types of pads you can get, that’s why there is two separate listings for the GP helmet.

On Sportsbikeshop they list just the one.

I still don’t understand why the visorshop states - 2009-2011 whereas other online shops state no years other than the model that they fit.

8. Just took mine to bits. (Will it go back together, god knows.)

Visor Shop -

Dry-Cool Interior Pad - Says on mine the II-7mm for Size Small - So I'd order the S2 S Shell 7mm
    Neck Roll - No reference on it - So, Id order the XS-S for the S Shell as there are no other options.
    Cheek Pads - Says on mine 30mm Left and in the corner it says "FCS Pad" - So I'd order the RX-7 GP / Quantum ST Cheek Pads FCS - 30mm Grey and NOT the FFS pads for the RX-7 GP / Quantum

And that sir, leaves you £156.97 lighter!!!

9. I've got the odd one. :worried:

There are 2 types of RX7 listed on the SportsbikeShop site.
    • The GP (yours)
    • The V (Newer design)
    There are older versions (RR4) etc, but they use a different material for the inner linings. These are what you need for the GP. Here

IMG_6113s.jpg

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Are you sure it worked............:)

• Funny Funny x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information